The Grand Tour

Just a heads up for anyone else who watches in 4K HDR, there seems to be a bug in the Amazon app on Samsung Tv's (8000 series atleast).

If you select The Grand Tour straight from the splash page, it takes you to a Ultra Hd version, but not HDR! it doesn't say anything about it and when playing it's not HDR.

If you go to the specific Ultra Hd 4K section on the app, and then select The Grand Tour, then it says it's HDR, and when playing it clearly states it's now plying in HDR..

Odd bug, maybe tv specific, haven't tried the app on pc or xbox but worth keeping an eye out for.

Soldato
Just watched, ID prefer more content where they are taking cars on tours to extreme environments and relying on the mechanics to function. Aswel as your performance car stuff. I did enjoy it but I think it lacked stuff to do with cars, it was like the cars were just the extras in this episode rather than being a feature.

Still good though and hope it will get better

Man of Honour
Just watched, ID prefer more content where they are taking cars on tours to extreme environments and relying on the mechanics to function. Aswel as your performance car stuff. I did enjoy it but I think it lacked stuff to do with cars, it was like the cars were just the extras in this episode rather than being a feature.

Still good though and hope it will get better

From the teaser reel looked like they are doing a huge range of things with about 30-40% of it being lite on cars and some bits very heavy on cars. Looks like its being more tweaked towards an entertainment show than a car/entertainment show.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just finished watching this weeks show and I really enjoyed it, it had me properly laughing in places.

Man of Honour
Just finished watching this weeks show and I really enjoyed it, it had me properly laughing in places.

Despite some of it being obviously scripted, predictable, etc. etc. its the delivery - some bits anyone else doing it would have fallen completely flat on their face instead has me laughing.

Soldato
Some bits felt rushed, the army thing just dragged on and wasn't that funny, the wheel spin thing with James was just rather random ....

Disappointed really with that episode.

Soldato
My wife made me pause the show while she went to get a drink. I think that's probably a first. Personally I didn't enjoy the episode as much as the last one, but I'm more into the cars and they said last week that episode 2 would be less about the cars.

Soldato
Just finished watching the 2nd ep. I didn't watch Top Gear religiously and haven't seen any of new ones but its entertaining enough, very scripted and ended up skipping a lot of the special forces bits.

On a side note I saw a mate today who works in London and had to attend some conference where he met someone who works on The Grand Tour to do with logistics and other bits. He said apparently despite the cheery appearence on the show they are run ragged and the other 2 are just as bad as Clarkson and can erupt if something isn't exactly correct :p

Show looks beautiful though but wish it was a bit more improvised and car focused.

Back
Top Bottom