*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
Sooo tempted to delve into this again but every time I think about logging on the thought of playing for a couple of hours and coming off with a sense that I've achieved very little puts me off. Did FD ever re-balance the Sothis / Ceos runs after they were nerfed into oblivion?

Soldato
Do certain things and you'll get introduced to them, then give them certain things and get to use them, then it's a case of the more you do with them the higher level stuff you can get them to do, think of it as a mini grind within a grind lol

Soldato
fired this up last weekend for the first time since patch 1.2.

wow, the game is really coming along, plenty to see and do.

voice control and VR support, the frontier team deserve plaudits.

really liking being able to move equipment around and the whole passengers thing.

do we have an OCUK faction up and running ?

Associate
Well I logged on last night to have a tinker and Sothis looks pretty dead. My Python was built for the Sothis runs so was mostly lightweight and no armament for the jump range, however with 450m credits I'm going to A rate the components, get some guns and maybe try these engineers that people are fussing over. So,
a) What is the best way of making money and increasing trade rank now that Sothis is gone? (no passenger missions please).
b) Can I have some suggestions on weapons for the Python please?

Soldato
From what I remember of the python it is not sure on power and handles heat pretty well.

On my cutter I'm running grade 5 efficient beams with thermal vent with one corrosive MC and one incendiary and it's great. Stuff just melts.

Associate
b) Can I have some suggestions on weapons for the Python please?

currently running my mission python with 2 large pulses and then rest multi cannons. multi cannons are engineered with overcharge and incendiary rounds

works pretty well

On my cutter I'm running grade 5 efficient beams with thermal vent with one corrosive MC and one incendiary and it's great. Stuff just melts.

currently running 1 huge beam and rest multis its ok once i get on target

Soldato
So with the multi-crew details appearing, and the premise being that you can either:-
1) Offer your ship for multi-crew position(s).
2) Ask the game to place you on another willing CMDRs ship.

...it's going to be fascinating if in 2-3 months we have another CQC on our hands. ie: For all the time/effort invested, it ends up being rarely used.

Soldato
2.3 leaves me a tad cold. The Commanders is basically more combat related guff, as if shooty shooty in Elite is that exciting anyway....

However, after just arriving at the site of the 3rd Alien Ruins, which happened to be placed on the beigest, most featureless lump of rock I've so far had the misfortune to visit, perhaps combat is the only thing to get the heart pumping in Elite. :(

Soldato
my hope for 2.3 is that it paves way for the Panther Clipper as the ship has many turrets.

Carrying 1000 Tons of Gold with a 5LY jump range is going turn the game into a heist movie if the ships turrets are not done correctly.

Soldato
my hope for 2.3 is that it paves way for the Panther Clipper as the ship has many turrets.

Carrying 1000 Tons of Gold with a 5LY jump range is going turn the game into a heist movie if the ships turrets are not done correctly.

The Panther clipper now that brings back memories of when i had one in elite 2 frontier armed with a large plasma accelerator.:D

Iam currently trying out voice attack with a few hcs voice packs gf though i was going crazy talking to my pc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom