*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Caporegime
I have killed a few commanders but not many. Most of the time it has been when I have been pulled out of Supercruise and demanding my cargo (of which I had none and was war ready :D) But that was quite a long time ago (pre wings) and also had quite a few combat loggers back then as well. Give it till they realise they are under-powered and then quit.

Associate
Gregster;30486198 said:
Give it till they realise they are under-powered and then quit.

I've joined Mobius, seemed the best way to interact with real people without the possibility of being interdicted for no reason other than someone wants combat.

Speaking of combat, here's a vid of me debating whether to do my best Rimmer impression whilst in my Viper MkIV vs a Federal Assault Ship. I'm going mining soon so will likely do one of those 'how to mine' vids (which will probably be full of bad practice & mistakes since I'm still learning stuff :) ).

Caporegime
Good old Mobius and that is all I play in myself now also. I haven't been on for a month or so but getting time for me to get back to it as my other games are starting to bore me and VR needs some loving.

Here is me with a couple of the guys in Mobius

Combat was fun then :D

And here is a combat logger I recorded.... Funny stuff

Associate
Gregster;30487469 said:
Combat was fun then :D

And here is a combat logger I recorded.... Funny stuff

i know that guy, he an annoying french guy that thinks hes right all the time, and frankly annoys most of the people of the lave radio teamspeak..

Caporegime
My Conda he was and it was proper built for war as well :D

It was the bit about destroying my ship if I didn't do as I was told that really made me laugh but sadly people were doing a CG back then and most ran a Conda without decent shields to make more use of storage space and so made themselves easy targets (Like I do in my trade fitted Cutter).

Caporegime
Right, so decided to get back into this and see what is what. I am pretty well geared up with Engineers, so what should I be looking to do guys? I am Elite in Combat and Trading and only have exploration to go but not too sure I want to do that right off the bat. So any suggestions welcomed :)

Associate
Gregster;30487904 said:
My Conda he was and it was proper built for war as well :D

Great vids, great ship & yeah lol... I sense he probably took a while to come up with that 'stand and deliver' speech to cut'n'paste... & then only to chicken out! :D When I runaway I do it 'honourably' :) by putting all the pips in to engines, shields, & hitting the trust and frame shift buttons, though the only time I'll ever probably interdict anyone is an NPC as part of a mission.

I'm still a newbie really & discovering how to do stuff, and I actually prefer doing it via experimentation. Here's my cunning plan to unlock the Engineer Selena Jean using limpets :)

Gregster;30487904 said:
Right, so decided to get back into this and see what is what. I am pretty well geared up with Engineers, so what should I be looking to do guys?

The Alien Ruins are worth a look if you haven't been imho just because they are really impressive to drive around (the towers that rise from the ground where you get some artefacts from are really :cool: to watch if catch one). I solved a couple of the obelisks then headed back, but I'll be going out there sometime again soon to see the other layout that has been found.

Caporegime
Good shout on the ruins and will do that thanks. Mining is one of the most relaxing things I find but go for Pristine metal rings if you want to get into it. Not sure what Selena needs for unlocking but nice vid there :)

Here is me Mining in a Cutter, which worked out very profitable and got me the Samarium I needed for one of the Engineers

Edit:

No idea what youtube have done but that used to be 1080P :(

Soldato
Yeah mining looks like a sweet way to spend time, I just think you need a big enough ship to be able to handle bandits, I think a Python would be the smallest viable ship to mine in an Anarchy system without a buddy to swat away the pesky blighters?

Soldato
Besty;30495439 said:
Yeah mining looks like a sweet way to spend time, I just think you need a big enough ship to be able to handle bandits, I think a Python would be the smallest viable ship to mine in an Anarchy system without a buddy to swat away the pesky blighters?

You don't need to mine in a Res area. Just drop in to the rings anywhere and then boost about 8km away and mine in total peace.

Associate
Gregster;30490052 said:
Good shout on the ruins and will do that thanks.

Worth it! Don't forget to accept the 100m credit mission from Felice Dock in Mene en route!

Gregster;30490052 said:
Mining is one of the most relaxing things I find but go for Pristine metal rings if you want to get into it. Not sure what Selena needs for unlocking but nice vid there :)

You just need to refine 500t of anything then deliver 10t of painite (which I think I can buy but not sure). Anyway, I think I've found a quicker method :D ...

Gregster;30490052 said:
Here is me Mining in a Cutter, which worked out very profitable

Cool. I'm not sure I'll every pick up a large 'sport... I'm not the greatest pilot yet but I do like nimble ships. My current next ship target is an Imperial Clipper which looks like a good compromise between a 'fighter' and a 'sport'. It looks :cool: too!

Gregster;30490052 said:
No idea what youtube have done but that used to be 1080P :(

Funny you should mention that, yesterday I uploaded me unlocking Felicity Farseer & YouTube compressed the heck out of my 1080p to the point that in some places there is digital banding and even pixelisation. Not a great way to compete with Twitch.

Soldato
Cutter is the biggest trading ship but it is absolutely massive. i saw my first cutter coming in through a dock yesterday and took up the whole letterbox.

Back
Top Bottom