Dashcams!

Soldato
Did you change any settings? Watched again now and it's better, I can see the clock and date all the way through. Maybe it was trying to remove camera shake or something.

It's also hard to tell because of YouTube compression. It's okay footage, but not great I would say. Personally I would say my M6 footage looks better, but there's not much in it.

Associate
Did you change any settings? Watched again now and it's better, I can see the clock and date all the way through. Maybe it was trying to remove camera shake or something.

It's also hard to tell because of YouTube compression. It's okay footage, but not great I would say. Personally I would say my M6 footage looks better, but there's not much in it.
I told it to undo the anti shake and reload it again. Ill try and do some footage with the latest firmware and highest quality and bitrate soon.

There is a bit of difference vs the footage on my computer vs uploaded to youtube. Any setting i can use to just upload it without messing around with it

Associate
Best subtle cam? Currently have a Transcend DP200 and while its good, it sticks out very clearly! I'd like something more subtle, do I go Mini 0806 or similar, or Blackvue? Or other?

Soldato
Ha ha, okay... since when do road conditions change camera res? Also, as has been said, he's changed some YT settings, so it doesn't look as bad now. It looked awful before. Now it just looks average.

Hitman
Soldato
How easy is it to fit F770 hardwired version ?

Easy - it took me about 15 minutes to find fuses I could hook into with add-a-circuit fuses using a multimeter and wire it in. If you Google your cars make/model, someone may have already hardwired a dashcam in and may advise as to what fuses you can use to save working it out yourself. Hardest / most time consuming part is hiding the cables!

Soldato
@zoomee how you getting on with the polarised filters? Noticed that mine was having trouble focusing today due to really bad glare off the front screen.

Hey bud, for the couple of months or so I used it - it was great. It greatly reduced the glare but also the brightness in the picture was slightly reduced. Easily fixed by upping the brightness in the cam settings. ;)

Had to sell the CC and the F770 went with it - darn it I forgot to charge him extra for the polarisor and the additional SD card lol!! - ah well.

I've just got a crappy liccle rocco now (VW scirocco) so not bothered about it as much as I was the CC - given up on dashcams for now.

Soldato
I know it's asked a hundred times but this thread is huge to read it all now.... What's a good reasonably priced cam now?

I need:
One front, preferably mounted in front of rear view mirror. Hard wired.
One rear, 12v socket powered.
I'd like it to detect motion and start recording when the car is turned off, say at night when parked on my drive (if possible)
Budget sub £300 for both.

Associate
I know it's asked a hundred times but this thread is huge to read it all now.... What's a good reasonably priced cam now?

I need:
I'd like it to detect motion and start recording when the car is turned off, say at night when parked on my drive (if possible)
The BlackVue DR650S 2CH with PMP just creeps into the sub £300 all in if you shop about . Has parking mode if used with the PMP.

Soldato

I need:

You only need one camera system for all that bud. Thinkware F770 is well wuthin ur budget and spec requirements. ;)

Soldato
Easy - it took me about 15 minutes to find fuses I could hook into with add-a-circuit fuses using a multimeter and wire it in. If you Google your cars make/model, someone may have already hardwired a dashcam in and may advise as to what fuses you can use to save working it out yourself. Hardest / most time consuming part is hiding the cables!

Thanks for that

are samsung evo 32gb sd cards ok with the F770 I have a couple spare

Associate
Hey bud, for the couple of months or so I used it - it was great. It greatly reduced the glare but also the brightness in the picture was slightly reduced. Easily fixed by upping the brightness in the cam settings. ;)

Had to sell the CC and the F770 went with it - darn it I forgot to charge him extra for the polarisor and the additional SD card lol!! - ah well.

I've just got a crappy liccle rocco now (VW scirocco) so not bothered about it as much as I was the CC - given up on dashcams for now.

Thanks for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom