• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
I think i have found my "memory hole" that elmor was talking about. I've tried almost every frequency from 3200-3500 and it just will not train. 3600 was a no go aswell but i tried a different strap for that. Going to try again later.

Soldato
I'm not sure if it made a difference actually, perhaps it was just my DRAM that needed a bump. Got dram at 1.417v now as any lower and it drops below 1.4v periodically.
I set the DRAM Volts to 1.36 and it runs at 1.417v with small bumps up every now and then. Seems like whatever I set it ends up ~0.5v higher.

Caporegime
I set the DRAM Volts to 1.36 and it runs at 1.417v with small bumps up every now and then. Seems like whatever I set it ends up ~0.5v higher.

Mine appears to be the exact opposite. Perhaps something to do with me using x4 GPUs and occupying all PCI-E slots. Or perhaps my board just had worse droop on the memory, using 2x8 GB sticks.

Soldato
The OCD in me, didn't like 4ghz actually running at 3.99, so have bumped it to 4.025 to keep it over 4.

Ran 4 hours of Aida, but handbrake crashed encoding.

Not worried about temps as hit a max of 65c under heavy load.

Soldato
yeah it's very strange that Rysen does that, the idle clock will always be 25mhz lower even though all power saving features are turned off. Under load however it goes back up to where it's supposed to be. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Soldato
Mine appears to be the exact opposite. Perhaps something to do with me using x4 GPUs and occupying all PCI-E slots. Or perhaps my board just had worse droop on the memory, using 2x8 GB sticks.
It could be that I'm using 4*8GB sticks, RAM training might be upping it to get it stable? I did try and set it to 1.417v to find out if it would improve cold boots but it pushed it up to almost 1.5v:eek:

Associate
Got a strange problem with my machine. Just inserted new G.Skill Trident Z RDG 3200's. Jumped into the BIOS, loaded default settings - rebooted. Jumped back into the BIOS, manually set ram timings and strap, rebooted. Back into the BIOS, applied my pstate 3.9Ghz OC. Rebooted, to Windows. Saw very high volts so pwoered off. Rebooted to BIOS, PState OC not applied. Re-applied and rebooted to Windows, same thing. Power off and went back to BIOS, PState OC not applied.

Jump RAM strap down to 2933, PState works okay. Any ideas?

078 Bios.

Last edited:
Permabanned

in my case I got ram set up to 1.8 runs 1.395-1.417. What DDR VTT are You at ?? I got it set fot 0.725 atm ill lower it and see whats the deal :D

Associate
A new BIOS just landed for the Asus x370 Prime Pro (0604) which contains the AGESA update, might be worth checking other models support pages if you have one.

Associate
Got a strange problem with my machine. Just inserted new G.Skill Trident Z RDG 3200's. Jumped into the BIOS, loaded default settings - rebooted. Jumped back into the BIOS, manually set ram timings and strap, rebooted. Back into the BIOS, applied my pstate 3.9Ghz OC. Rebooted, to Windows. Saw very high volts so pwoered off. Rebooted to BIOS, PState OC not applied. Re-applied and rebooted to Windows, same thing. Power off and went back to BIOS, PState OC not applied.

Jump RAM strap down to 2933, PState works okay. Any ideas?

079 Bios.

Found the problem. One of the sticks stopped working, not detected in the BIOS.

Associate
Found the problem. One of the sticks stopped working, not detected in the BIOS.
This is interesting that so many overall forum members (from various forums) posted about one of their memory sticks got broken. I can't remember a single faulty memory stick in intel threads, and with ryzen there is quite a few.

Soldato
This is interesting that so many overall forum members (from various forums) posted about one of their memory sticks got broken. I can't remember a single faulty memory stick in intel threads, and with ryzen there is quite a few.

Funny you should say that i had a crucial ballistic DOA with a very old and fx system lol. But never on intel builds :) all coincidental of course. I think the reason we are seeing this because of the influx of ryzen owners, a high percentage have had to buy new dd4 memory.

Don
I think the reason we are seeing this because of the influx of ryzen owners, a high percentage have had to buy new dd4 memory.
I would go with this, memory failure rates are typically what 1%?

So even if a few hundred members bought Ryzen going from a previous AMD system then there'll be a few people who find duff memory sticks. Though of course, someone with an existing DDR4 Intel system reporting failed memory afterward switching to Ryzen after eliminating BIOS issues will be more worrysome.

Soldato
I've had a Set of Team Groups go funny and now these Trident's 3200 C14's. My Corsair have been fine but are Hynix. I trying to get a working set of Sammy B Dies.

What Corsair RAM is it? And what version is on the sticker?

Corsair ver. 5.39 uses Hynix MFR which is actually pretty good. I had issues to start with but then since CH6 BIOS 1001, achieved 3200MHz @ CL14 with relative ease.

Back
Top Bottom