Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
25kg with the rails, I was quite surprised. Wondering if I should replace the passenger one as well now and sell the standard seats.

Associate
Time to hand in my membership card, I sold the car last week to fund a family wagon. Hopefully one day I'll be able to rejoin some day, the EP3 was without a doubt the most fun car I've owned.

B6XSuM8.jpg

The guy who bought it plans on stripping it down and tracking it, he has promised pictures, if I get any I'll add them.

Also I have set of hardrace rear camber arms that I never got round to fitting, I believe they fit the integra as well, does any one know a good place to offload these rather than ebay?

Soldato
So, the cigarette lighter in my car doesn't work with my phone charger, but works fine for making the actual lighter attachment thing hot - so it's got power. The charger works in another car without issue.
Any ideas of things to try beyond getting hold of a replacement? It looks a bit grubby inside but not to the point where I'd expect it to stop the electrical contacts...

Caporegime
So, the cigarette lighter in my car doesn't work with my phone charger, but works fine for making the actual lighter attachment thing hot - so it's got power. The charger works in another car without issue.
Any ideas of things to try beyond getting hold of a replacement? It looks a bit grubby inside but not to the point where I'd expect it to stop the electrical contacts...

Might work if you rotate it in the socket

Permabanned

Just last weekend i was fixing mine. Took it out cleaned with bit of scratch pad ect put back in. Works fine :)

Soldato
Found the issue. The socket is definitely fine, it's just too narrow for the fairly bulky usb plug I've bought to go fully into the socket. The end contact isn't quite touching...
Was about to throw in the towel and start looking for a new usb charger, but spotted through the grime that the contact in the socket was a torx head that screwed through the socket into the cable connector on the back. Took it apart, and put in a tiny washer I found lying around with my multicopter spares and put it all back together. It now makes contact and I can charge things in my car without using the stereo. :)

That's about the limit of my hands on engineering skills so hopefully that'll work as a permanent fix!

Soldato
I had problems with the contacts in my EP3, didn't seem deep enough. Cleaning and some twizzling around helped.

In other news:

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/05/missing-prelude-type-r/

This is, dare I say it, perfect. Refreshing build and it's all purposeful. Love it. I saw a gen 1 Prelude the other day and was lusting over it. Very rare now yet plenty for sale it seems.

Wanted something like £18.5k for it. Crazy money but the build is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom