Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
I remember a few years ago you could get a EP3 Premier Edition with less than 60k on the clock for around the £5k mark I'm looking on PH and they're ranging between £7k-8.5k, that's insane.

That's daft money. I bought my Black EP3 Prem in December with 77k on the clock for £4250. Added an AEM V2 for some noise and can't see me doing much else at the moment. Should probably get the rear arches looked at mind. It's going on 12 years old.

Associate
got my J's racing front bumper fitted to my s2000 over the weekend, just need to fit the carbon canards and its going in for paint tomorrow

30sik1y.jpg

Associate
Off to collect a Low Mileage unmodified 1994 CRX (Del Sol) VTi model on Saturday. I have an ESi already which shall be my runabout and the VTi a nice weekend motor. Both have the funky roof.

Might tart up the ESi a bit now, it's looking very tired.

Associate
Thinking of getting an EP3 for a daily driver when the MOT runs out on my current shed in July. What can you get for £3,000 to £3,500? Seems 100k miles is standard at that price? Mileage means nothing to me if the car has been looked after as I know the K20 engine is pretty bulletproof as long as oil changes are done. Not looking for anything modified as I have a Glanza V as my weekend/track toy.

How bad is the insurance (i'm 26)? I only have 1 years no claims on my daily policy as my 8 years NCB is being used on my Glanza.

Soldato
Flack88 - For a benchmark, my Type R (linked earlier on this page) set me back ~3500 before trade in last week. Facelift in Cosmic Grey, just under 100k mileage, seems to be solid mechanically (granted I'm not a mechanic), pretty good bodywork with only some minor marks that could probs be fixed easily, decent service history and well looked after judging from all the paper work.
Insurance for me is in the ballpark of £450 a year fully comp with 7 years of NCB. I'd imagine multicar would definitely be the way to go for you.

Soldato
No more updates on my old red EP3 from the young lad who bought it a couple of months ago, spent on a full respray, expensive wheels, coilovers added to destroy the handling etc etc.

DEADDDD.jpg

Inevitable!

As a sidenote when I bought the above car standard in Aug last year I paid 2250 and it was just as good as anything around £3k. Do some shopping around and move fast!

Man of Honour
I still have my old 03 pre facelift EP3 as daily driver. 60k on clock, full honda service history.... maybe it will be worth something one day, or most likely it will fall to bits. I guess it will get to a point where honda stamps in service book are irrelevant given it's age :(

I bought it about 5 years back with just 30k on clock :)

Don
Sorry to say but the Honda FSH is already irrelevant on an '03 plate car. Keep servicing at Honda if you want piece of mind but really you should be taking it to a good local Indy now instead and save some considerable £££.

Soldato
As a sidenote when I bought the above car standard in Aug last year I paid 2250 and it was just as good as anything around £3k. Do some shopping around and move fast!
Nice price that! I gave up trying to get something good at that sort of budget. Anything around there was really tatty and/or abused. Does seem the South West is really expensive for buying cars though...

Man of Honour
OP
Sorry to say but the Honda FSH is already irrelevant on an '03 plate car. Keep servicing at Honda if you want piece of mind but really you should be taking it to a good local Indy now instead and save some considerable £££.
The last I knew is that Honda charge the same as most independents.

Soldato
Honda main dealer pricing is ridiculous

i.e.
£180 for oil service (they provide oil and filter)
£52 for oil service (I provide oil and filter).. I actually left my filter at home and they only charged me £11 for one.. (and actually only charged me £53.50 altogether :p )

8th year service; includes the pollen and air filter replacements (£42 each), manual transmission fluid change (£75), valve clearance check and adjustment (£100) and the oil and filter change (£180). Total cost inclusive of VAT £439.

Back
Top Bottom