Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
got my s2000 back last Saturday from being 90% resprayed.

Everyone that has seen the car has questioned whether or not i have had it sprayed a different red.

And i am personally not happy with the colour, it looks pink/orange rather than the deeper red it used to be, when i open my doors the colour difference is horrendous, it is not even close to the red it once was.

The only things that were not painted were the rear bumper and the rear boot lid. The company said they matched the colour to the boot lid but to me that does not seem to be the case, my new paint looks like faded old paint, and my old paint looks like new paint...

I asked them to respray the car in the correct colour and they refused other than me paying nearly another £700 in materials which to me does not seem acceptable, so i am going to have to try and claw my money back and have the car sprayed elsewhere.

i wanted the car respraying to the original colour, IMO they should have sprayed the car to the original colour so that the door shuts match the new paint and then painted the two panels that were not going to match if indeed they didn't match, instead of respraying 90% of the car a lighter pinky red. the rear bumper looks the worse, and because the boot is higher up, its not as noticeable. I am pretty devastated tbh

car on the left is a original new formula red s2000, car on the right is my car in the colour they have decided to paint it.

104ruio.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Sorry to hear about that.

This is why I always go to the same place for paint as I trust their results. It's worth travelling sometimes to get the job done right.

Keep pushing for them to correct it, if not then citizens advice is where I'd go as there are template letters you can use against traders.

Soldato
Why did they "colour match". Surely they should have just mixed up the proper paint code and sprayed. I appreciate colour fades/changes over time but I reckon the original paint colour code would have been a better match than the 'colour matching'. Even if it did not match 100%, at least it was the actual colour you wanted and the remaining, unmatched parts, could also be sprayed.

Associate
Why did they "colour match". Surely they should have just mixed up the proper paint code and sprayed. I appreciate colour fades/changes over time but I reckon the original paint colour code would have been a better match than the 'colour matching'. Even if it did not match 100%, at least it was the actual colour you wanted and the remaining, unmatched parts, could also be sprayed.

exactly my thoughts on this, the new paint is so much lighter its not even close, as you said they should have sprayed down the original new formula red and then if the rear bumper and boot lid did not match offer to spray them at my cost to match the new paint, not much point in spraying the entire car the wrong shade of red for the sake of two panels.

Soldato
need to get some paint work done on my car. large key mark down the side and stone chipped front.

I have been putting it off and putting it off for this exact reason.

sorry its happened to you. too many con artists these days

Soldato
You made it slower? It really seems not so quick and 0-60 in 6-7s is slower than a stock S2000, being a very long time since I owned mine but if memory serves me right it was a 5.5-6s 0-60 car?

Haha, maybe with the way I was driving there. I didn't launch and didn't take it to the limiter. Don't really want to be doing that with the stock diff still in. It's 292kw and 305kw when the meth is on.

OcUK Staff
Haha, maybe with the way I was driving there. I didn't launch and didn't take it to the limiter. Don't really want to be doing that with the stock diff still in. It's 292kw and 305kw when the meth is on.

That kind of power it should scream, you need to press the accelerator pedal more. ;)

Caporegime
That paint, sorry to see that... What the hell did they do? Just pluck a random tin of "red" off the shelf? :confused:

Best of luck fighting your side and hopefully getting it sorted out, that's unacceptable.

Man of Honour
OP
Car is fixed, it needed a new speed sensor on the gearbox. New Pagid RS29s on order too as the current ones are below 25%. They've had a good innings, they've done full track days at Donington, Brands, Spa, Rockingham plus 3 sessions at the Nürburgring GP circuit and two or three laps of the Nürburgring itself, plus road miles in between. Can't fault the pads at all so will be sticking with them.

Soldato
Rock Auto delivered a nice pair of new rear ABS sensors as my ones are both showing 'interference fault codes' and one 'open circuit'.

Total was £270 inc customs and Fedex (arrived in 3 days) and are intermotor branded. On Ebay they are tough to find and people want £65+ for a 10-15yr old one (OMGWTFBBQLOLZ), so going new was well worth the excess. Honda UK are about £320 each :D

New sensors along with fitting the MTEC grooved discs with CL RC5+ pads and adding some ATE Type 200 should mean she stops on a dime again.

Now to pray for an MOT pass so I can enjoy the DC2 funs after 18 months off the road.

Cannot wait!!!!!!!

Dup

Dup

Soldato

That's an EP3 back box. They do fit but the EP3 bore is wider than EP2 so needs some fettling. They're exactly the same size and shape besides that bore difference. Is it deffo just he back box that has failed and not the mid (b) pipe as well?

Associate
That's an EP3 back box. They do fit but the EP3 bore is wider than EP2 so needs some fettling. They're exactly the same size and shape besides that bore difference. Is it deffo just he back box that has failed and not the mid (b) pipe as well?
Thanks for that!
Yeah I've checked the mid pipe and it's still intact with the mountings. If the mid bit fits and solid I don't mind.

Back
Top Bottom