What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Sons Fiesta came home on 3 cylinders last night, plugs looks fine so ordered a new coilpack and leads from ECP, and going to stick some new plugs in it anyway while it's in bits.
Stupid recessed spark plugs, had to buy a new plug socket!

Soldato
I thought I'd edit this again, as before it was quite lengthy and long winded.

Had my car remapped by Shark Performance in Mansfield. I'm happy with the Map, the service was decent, and they seem to come across as they care about their client base. I opted for them as the reviews on sites such as seatcupra/briskoda/tyresmoke seemed good.

Car is a Leon FR TDI.

What they offer;

Stage 1 is 200bhp/430nm
Stage 2 is 215bhp/450nm.

Stage 2 does require a modified exhaust system (so milltek/custom jobby), panel filter and dpf removal. The manager at shark did say (based on the owners recommendation) a air intake is needed for stage 2. Though, I would have to disagree with that as panel filter is the best filter for my car. They were possibly trying to sell me one but I didn't dwell further on it.

I opted for a stage 1. Compared to the superchips bluefin this is in a different league. The torque has increased and it does pull all the way upto the limiter. As with the bluefin it ran out of puff after 4krpm. I'm happy with the map and the car feels more alive. The car feels faster then 200bhp, but I will only know at Santa pod in september.

With a boost leak I managed a 15.3 @ 93 something. Launches were wheel spin galore though.

If I can get into late 14's I will be happy.

Please do note, if you have the dpf removed like me, it will need coding out. This is a separate cost and do go in with your eyes open. I was charged half the price + map. It sucks, but it's a business so that's what they charge. I did not know this and thought it was free, but only some places can code it out properly so the car doesn't regenerate.

Bluefin did not have this, and superchips will not code it out what so ever. So on some occasions when trying to regen, the car would cut out when slowing down. It was weird, it would also try to regen when driving.

I would use them again, my only feedback is I wish they had told me the estimated wait time. I waited a while which got a little tedious but I was offered refreshments. They're a busy bunch and the value of cars at their premises suggested they're a good outfit.

I would use them again.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
DPF will take no more than a couple of check boxes and about 30 seconds additional time compared to a map is imagine.

I can do a DPF delete on a Subaru diesel in all of about 10 minutes including reading the ECU, modifying the ROM file and flashing it back.

I'd imagine he's just monopolising on the fact so many people go in for DPF deletes

Soldato
DPF will take no more than a couple of check boxes and about 30 seconds additional time compared to a map is imagine.

I can do a DPF delete on a Subaru diesel in all of about 10 minutes including reading the ECU, modifying the ROM file and flashing it back.

I'd imagine he's just monopolising on the fact so many people go in for DPF deletes

Yeah I would have imagined it doesn't take long. Though there aren't many people who can do it properly, so I had no other choice.

Soldato
Had my Bilstein B4 rear shocks and coffin arms fitted to my 911 by DW Performance in Bedford. Also got some other bits sorted. Very impressed for the money.
:)

Even found my emergency bonnet release! :D tucked away behind the front bumper rather than in the wheel arch. It's actually a better placement.

Caporegime
Diagnostics. :)

ECU_Diagnostics.jpg

Back
Top Bottom