Tower block fire - london

Soldato
You do know many flammable materials are used in construction?

What was the flammability rating on the cladding used in this case, you seem to know so much?

Would my knowledge of the rating of flammability of that cladding change this (different to every block fire in my lifetime) outcome?

Associate
Yes you asked if I wanted some flammable cladding. I want to know what the flammability rating is so I can make an informed choice of wither it isn't acceptable. Almost all cladding is flammable...

Soldato
Dude, breath.

You just looking for a fight? First you pick on my apparent lack of sympathy by quoting something that had no relevance. So I pulled you on it.

Of course they didn't pick the specific cladding.

But people were suggesting the block was improved aesthetically just to appease those around it. That projection of opinion is just fine is it?

But when I argue that the people living in the block would probably have liked the building to be improved asthetically as well you lose your mind?

Go for a walk or something.

Oh sorry, I pulled you for projecting your opinions about the cladding on the victims who have died, in all probability due to the cladding.

I'll say it again, if you are going to claim that the residents called for this addition please back it up, but let's not pretend you are now somehow removing genuine sympathy, nothing you have contributed even vaguely implies genuine sympathy!

Soldato
Yes you asked if I wanted some flammable cladding. I want to know what the flammability rating is so I can make an informed choice of wither it isn't acceptable. Almost all cladding is flammable...

Whatever the rating I tell you it is, if after purchase you all perish in a huge fire, what would the point of pursuing everyone/anyone involved via the justice system?

Associate
I thought I'd ignore UK politics whilst in California for the last few days, but it seems like tragedy on both sides of the Atlantic is quickly politicised by groups with extreme views. I seriously getting political fatigue, there are only bad or worse options to choose from. Listening to a solicitor on LBC today, we have no idea why or how this latest tragedy happened. We need to wait for a full and proper investigation to be carried out, and then the courts can deal with the guilty parties. This message seems to be getting lost on the knee jerking, political capitalising mob justice going on now. This country is based on democracy and the rule of law, there seems to be a concerted effort to turn it into Zimbabwe.

Soldato
I thought I'd ignore UK politics whilst in California for the last few days, but it seems like tragedy on both sides of the Atlantic is quickly politicised by groups with extreme views. I seriously getting political fatigue, there are only bad or worse options to choose from. Listening to a solicitor on LBC today, we have no idea why or how this latest tragedy happened. We need to wait for a full and proper investigation to be carried out, and then the courts can deal with the guilty parties. This message seems to be getting lost on the knee jerking, political capitalising mob justice going on now. This country is based on democracy and the rule of law, there seems to be a concerted effort to turn it into Zimbabwe.

Do you mean like the numerous government lead public enquiries of the past?

Soldato
My advice, agree to disagree with Mr Personal Vendetta Angry Man. He seems to be an online attention seeker.

OK C3PO

What kind of a world are we living in, where you can't go online and take a swipe at a bunch of dead council tenants without someone having a go back eh?

Associate
Whatever the rating I tell you it is, if after purchase you all perish in a huge fire, what would the point of pursuing everyone/anyone involved via the justice system?

But that isn't what happened in this case...

You don't seem to understand what construction is I'm afraid. Everything we build has hazards, every structure and every material. When we design/build things we eliminated or reduced the risk to an acceptable standard (BS/EN) which has been proven to be acceptable and are constantly reviewed.

A product that causes deaths by itself rarely get through from toys to buildings, and when it does the relevant measures are put in place to remove this.

My advise would be to go to a library and learn about it since you find it so interesting... Ill give you a few good things to start with CDM regs, BS/EN standards, HSE regulations.

Associate
Are you saying there is definitely no case for any one (corporate or otherwise) to answer here?

I'm not a teacher, what I'm saying is go read the CDM regs and look at previous cases and see exactly what happens to those individuals/groups.

The fact you have said that means you haven't.

Soldato
But that isn't what happened in this case...

You don't seem to understand what construction is I'm afraid. Everything we build has hazards, every structure and every material. When we design/build things we eliminated or reduced the risk to an acceptable standard (BS/EN) which has been proven to be acceptable and are constantly reviewed.

A product that causes deaths by itself rarely get through from toys to buildings, and when it does the relevant measures are put in place to remove this.

My advise would be to go to a library and learn about it since you find it so interesting... Ill give you a few good things to start with CDM regs, BS/EN standards, HSE regulations.

And I'd advise you to stop right there.

If you are saying what is probably entirely a cosmetic addition to the building that (investigation pending) has likely cost more lives due to fire than any previous bloc fire in living memory is A OK because you have faith in building regulations, you need to step back and think!

I have worked in a number of fields, beyond the regulations we are expected not to construct things that are likely to cause more harm than good, I am not saying that is definitely the case here, I am saying it should be seriously investigated!

Soldato
I'm not a teacher, what I'm saying is go read the CDM regs and look at previous cases and see exactly what happens to those individuals/groups.

The fact you have said that means you haven't.

You have advocated against an investigation into corporate responsibility, I do not need to read the regulations to disagree, I simply can't see a good argument against it.

It seems "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" only exists for the citizens but not the companies we own!

Soldato
We're currently promised a Public Enquiry . Without putting pressure on the government, we'll get that Public Enquiry.

But with an incident of this nature that's not good enough. We need an Inquest.

Pressure needs to be applied, don't let them palm the public off

Don
We're currently promised a Public Enquiry . Without putting pressure on the government, we'll get that Public Enquiry.

But with an incident of this nature that's not good enough. We need an Inquest.

Pressure needs to be applied, don't let them palm the public off
My understanding is that the police are already carrying out an investigation so as long as that is proceeding an inquest won't happen.

Associate
And I'd advise you to stop right there.

If you are saying what is probably entirely a cosmetic addition to the building that (investigation pending) has likely cost more lives due to fire than any previous bloc fire in living memory is A OK because you have faith in building regulations, you need to step back and think!

I have worked in a number of fields, beyond the regulations we are expected not to construct things that are likely to cause more harm than good, I am not saying that is definitely the case here, I am saying it should be seriously investigated!

Anything you build has the risk to kill structural or cosmetic, that's not what has happened here as I keep telling you. You can keep trying to forward you own agenda by either purposefully twisting what people are saying or unknowingly misunderstanding what is being said.

As I said go educate yourself on what happens in the CDM process and the roles/responsibilities of all those involved (from the top to bottom of the ladder).

You clearly haven't worked in construction or you would know how HSE jumps all over and investigates anything that goes wrong and they know about it.

Back
Top Bottom