Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
God I hate breaking in new gloves :(

When you've been wearing your last pair of gloves for about 20k miles and they fit like, well... a glove, new ones feel so uncomfortable.
I did my mod1 with new gloves, got them for my birthday. :D It was interesting, is all I'm going to say. :p

Soldato
I've bought 3 more pairs of gloves, trying to replace my current ones... can't seem to get some that fit like I expect. I prefer to wear summer gloves, even in winter. I prefer the movement. Happily take recommendations on gloves you can still do your helmet up in, for example.

Man of Honour
I've noticed a downside to the superfabric on my Racer gloves. It's making a right mess of the finish on my clutch side bar end because I ride with my hands right on the end of the clip on.

Soldato
I've noticed a downside to the superfabric on my Racer gloves. It's making a right mess of the finish on my clutch side bar end because I ride with my hands right on the end of the clip on.
Ahhh, that's what's happening to mine too, makes sense now! I have pretty big hands so ride rith the outer edge on the barend, my ones tent to end up polished silver from the black original!

Man of Honour
The black anodising was wearing a little from my old leather palmed gloves but I noticed it was really going the other day and realised it's exactly where the superfabric is on my gloves which is obviously a lot rougher than leather.

Oh well, I'll take that given the extra protection when I next go for a slide down the road :D

Soldato
My bike felt weird this morning, you know when machinery has no oil or lubricant it makes a 'grinding' feeling? That's how it felt, checked the oil, it's fine, cleaned and lubed the chain but noticed it's quite slack and on it's last adjustment.

Soldato
My bike felt weird this morning, you know when machinery has no oil or lubricant it makes a 'grinding' feeling? That's how it felt, checked the oil, it's fine, cleaned and lubed the chain but noticed it's quite slack and on it's last adjustment.
Both wheels running free? Could a be a slight bind.

My bike did that for a while, cleaned the calipers up and away the grinding feeling went. :)

Soldato
I only have a rear paddock stand to check the wheel movement but both feel fine, I'm going to order a abba stand tonight and save all the messing around with paddock stands.

It was serviced

4 weeks ago and i asked the mechanic to check the brakes and he said they are fine but i'll check it anyway to make sure. Maybe it's just the chain causing the problem, i'll price a chain and sprocket set up now too. :)

Soldato
What are peoples experience with EBC brake pads? Been running them in the front for 300-350 miles now and they still dont feel as bity or brake as well as the gold fren pads I had in before. Only thing changed at the time was the pads....no bleeding etc

I think I'm going to swap them out unless I can find a reason for this

Back
Top Bottom