No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Soldato
I repaired about 10 slots and the value hadn't increased. Perhaps it only changes once you fully repair the ship?

I wouldn't know, being new to the game. I don't know if it would have been worth holding on to the larger capacity ship, as I have found only a damaged one after hours of looking.!
Then I lost it, lol.

Not found one since.

Soldato
I repaired about 10 slots and the value hadn't increased. Perhaps it only changes once you fully repair the ship?
I am 60% into repairing my ship, 29 slot A class I found whilst mooching about. Currently the slot repair price is 480K and I expect to pay 1 mill for the last slot. However I can outrun anything that scans me so far.

Associate

I'm pretty sure the value increases. I'm certain it did with my multitool when I repaired slots on that.

I got the game not long after release but I hadn't seen any of the pre release hype so wasn't disappointed. Thought it was a great exploration game at the time and easily put a few hundred hours into the PS4 version. Got the steam version a few months ago when it was on a sale expecting the mods to make a huge difference but I've been quite disappointed with them in general. Compared to other games it seems a huge pain having to manually find them, copy them to the correct location and make sure that they dont interfere with each other. I've had many a crash after adding packs then spending ages trying to find the offending mod :mad:. I'm not trying to disrespect the modding community because there are probably a lot of good mods out there. It's just that in this day and age where we are spoilt with steam workshop integration, it just feels so dated, broken and clunky.

Now the Atlas update - It's a huge improvement to before. I thought the foundation update was great as well as it added bases, roaming vehicles (although controlling them was a nightmare!), freighters, farming etc. Should they have been in the base game, probably.. But the main point is the devs have continued to release free content despite the major backlash at release. They dug there own hole with the hype but they could have easily walked away at that point. I paid retail for the PS4 version and given the amount of time I put in to it can definitely say I got good value out of it. One of my main gripes was that an early patch broke scanning for knowledge stones (seems fixed in Atlas). Given all the moaning by many others I felt that if that was the main annoyance for me then it's not that bad. Since foundation, my main issue has been that technology blueprints are a lot harder to come by and you need to grind away on finding broken tech and the research thingies in order to get enough nanite clusters to trade at the space stations. Atlas makes it an even bigger pain because you have to repair the lock on the damaged tech in order to get the clusters. Thankfully you dont need anything too exotic but still AARRGG!!!

Now back to mods.. I was trying to bring my PC save to about the same point as my PS4 one so I could carry on from where I left off and not have to grind away so much (I've pretty much done all that before). I found a good mod that made everything free which helped with things like blueprints but it's broken in Atlas. There anything working in Atlas that would help with this? If I have to put the hours in again then fair enough. Been that much new content add that I won't grudge it too much! Need to try some of Vimes list on the previous page as looks like there's lots of scenery stuff in there :). The stuff I installed pre-atlas killed my fps and just looked weird.

Associate
The Antialiasing in this game is garbage, I hate post process AA, where is my MSAA or SSAA? Cannot even force from Nvidia Control Panel.

Also 21:9 support still lacking.

Soldato
53 hours in and it is just and a great game. There are a few niggles and you can tell it is a console game but very few bugs as yet (except the ones on planets)
Just wish full system details were available in the galactic map after you have been there.

Still not sure I am playing it right though :D

Soldato
I don't know if you could play it wrong tho, as it isn't too heavy on needing to be on the primary mission all the time
But with 17 hours in I'm still a little bewildered.!

Just had the chance to change the initial ship with one which has 26 slots, which I did. Some slots need repair tho.

A pity that you can't dismantle the hyperdrive from the old ship as I can buy a resonator but getting the antimatter might be kinda hard..?

Associate
9FE6D399F43960583EAFE096EE3A01AA42BA35FC

Easily one of the best screenshots I've taken! This game can look incredible at times.

bloody beautiful. if only the world wasn't completely dead. this tech could be fantastic after 1-2 more versions. imagine having 1 in every 20 star system are inhabited, with 1 or 2 planets having some with cave men, others complete cities, defense systems etc.

Soldato
With being new to this game I'm like a child in a sweetshop.
I fly a few miles over a planet, see a blip on the radar and swoop down to swap ships. Spend ages repairing all the damage stuff to take off for a few more miles and find another, so it repeats..!

Why is it the most docile looking bambi like alien wants to rip my head off.?!

Last edited:
Soldato
Wasn't there supposed to have been a patch yesterday on Steam?? 1.33?? I don't seem to have downloaded anything and new features like being able to see how much a scan of Fauna has made you aren't appearing on mine yet????

Soldato
Wasn't there supposed to have been a patch yesterday on Steam?? 1.33?? I don't seem to have downloaded anything and new features like being able to see how much a scan of Fauna has made you aren't appearing on mine yet????

Yep list of stuff here

So I now own a Exocraft. Sort of made growing Carrion Root for Mordite redundant. I just go on a animal killing spree and I am sorted...

Back
Top Bottom