*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No need to open the wallet. From a completely locked phone, just hold it over a terminal with your thumb on the home button.

You've just revolutionized my Apple Pay future and saved me countless seconds :p :D Thanks, I had no idea I didn't need to open the wallet first :p

In that case, MORE RUMOURS (!!!) are saying the iPhone will have tap to wake - So I can only imagine you'd have to pull your phone out of your pocket, tap the screen and hold the phone over the reader.

Soldato
You're all doing it wrong, just double tap the home button which gets the card ready and pre-auths your thumbprint. No need to hold your thumb on the home button at the paypoint just wave the phone.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Double tapping just brings up the wallet, your thumb on the home button then auths it. It's no quicker than just holding your thumb there.

1. Double tap, opens wallet, hold thumb for auth, then wave.
2. Pull from from pocket with thumb on home button and wave, done.

Soldato
So going on a minute, none of you use the much preferred Apple watch to pay with, getting your Phone out is so 2016. :p

I'm considering the Apple Watch that is expected to be announced in this keynote - So I may be making the jump to the future fairly soon :p

Soldato
I really like the Touch ID, especially now that it is spreading across other Apple devices such as MacBook, and will need to be convinced that facial recognition is better. Double whammy if not - I'd get rid of my 7+ for an 8, but not for a 7S+.

Associate
I don't even have my card linked to my phone, and just hold my wallet to the reader, no fingerprint required. ;)

Does FaceID need the front facing camera? I bloody well hope not, i'll use a phone with a smashed screen happily and in many cases a smashed screen means an unusable front facing camera which is fine with me.

Same with the laptop, although no broken screen there, the iSight camera on my laptop is permanently, physically disabled.

Associate
I don't even have my card linked to my phone, and just hold my wallet to the reader, no fingerprint required. ;)

Does FaceID need the front facing camera? I bloody well hope not, i'll use a phone with a smashed screen happily and in many cases a smashed screen means an unusable front facing camera which is fine with me.

Same with the laptop, although no broken screen there, the iSight camera on my laptop is permanently, physically disabled.
FaceID works using the front camera and other sensors on the front of the iphone such as the infrared module.

Associate
Eh, some people would argue that you'd have to be a neanderthal to buy a brand new iPhone when a 2 generations old one will work perfectly fine, heaps of people still use iPhone 4's.

Just like buying the brand newest, most expensive phone is a fashion statement, walking around with the brand newest most expensive phone and then damaging it and giving exactly zero ***** is another form of fashion statement....

Soldato
Quick question, will FaceID work in a dark setting? You know when you check your phone during the night, will it pick up our mugs in the darkness or is it back to passcode time? Ugh how time consuming! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom