• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

OcUK Staff
I tested 10 of them. 7 of them 4.8, 3 of them 4.7 on brocken 3 air cooler. With delid 7 could do 5g with less than 1.4V.

This was with cache at stock and 3200Mhz mems.

All on the cheapest z370 board we have in stock. This is a great budget option. We will make an 8Pack approved bundle with delid and non delid options.

Associate
8600k on its way! Upgrade time for the old 3470k which only did 4.3ghz, bit of a dud. Hopefully the silicon lottery will be kind to me this time.

Associate
anyone got a 8350K? mine seems to be a pretty meh chip, cant even post at 5Ghz with 1.45v

I have two, one is on an Asus ITX. Delid with H110i
5.1Ghz - 1.4v, Cinebench fails.
5.0Ghz - 1.4v, Cinebench 819 / 216. Prime fails
4.9Ghz - 1.4v, Prime fails
4.8Ghz - 1.375v, Cinebench and prime pass.
Max Prime temps 75, max Cinebench and games, 60-65.
PC is not for me so set to 4.8Ghz and leave it, not going about 1.4v with this build.

Second build with a Asus Gaming F, H115i, will delid tonight and build over the next couple of nights.

Sounds like your CPU is a little weak, my goal was about 4.7-4.8 so not disappointed.

Associate
I tested 10 of them. 7 of them 4.8, 3 of them 4.7 on brocken 3 air cooler. With delid 7 could do 5g with less than 1.4V.

This was with cache at stock and 3200Mhz mems.

All on the cheapest z370 board we have in stock. This is a great budget option. We will make an 8Pack approved bundle with delid and non delid options.

Thank you for the info :)

I have two, one is on an Asus ITX. Delid with H110i
5.1Ghz - 1.4v, Cinebench fails.
5.0Ghz - 1.4v, Cinebench 819 / 216. Prime fails
4.9Ghz - 1.4v, Prime fails
4.8Ghz - 1.375v, Cinebench and prime pass.
Max Prime temps 75, max Cinebench and games, 60-65.
PC is not for me so set to 4.8Ghz and leave it, not going about 1.4v with this build.

Second build with a Asus Gaming F, H115i, will delid tonight and build over the next couple of nights.

Sounds like your CPU is a little weak, my goal was about 4.7-4.8 so not disappointed.

seems like they hit a wall at around 4.8Ghz +- 100mhz not as smooth 5Ghz as the 8700K. When you delid it can I have the picture of the die just to compare with 8700K die. I suspect it is the same (size). Thank you!

Associate
Thank you for the info :)

seems like they hit a wall at around 4.8Ghz +- 100mhz not as smooth 5Ghz as the 8700K. When you delid it can I have the picture of the die just to compare with 8700K die. I suspect it is the same (size). Thank you!

Post 5016 in this thread. Post again below though. I think I could have put a little bit more liquid metal on in hindsight, but temperatures are not the issue so no problem really.

R2nzkdM.jpg

Associate
He managed to make a 26 minute video talking about multicore enhancement and cinebench score differences between reviewers. Props for that.
This guy just seems to hate intel and nvidia.

His previous video on Nvidia was hilarious too, he went off the rails.
I'm surprised people still think he has credibility :D

Soldato
He managed to make a 26 minute video talking about multicore enhancement and cinebench score differences between reviewers. Props for that.
This guy just seems to hate intel and nvidia.
There are legitimate reasons to not only hate Intel, nVidia, and AMD, but to generally hate the current state of the enthusiast PC market. CPUs, GPUs, RAM, it's all a bit mental right now. At least he doesn't hide his preferences and does make negative videos about AMD too (notably regarding Vega).

Soldato
There are legitimate reasons to not only hate Intel, nVidia, and AMD, but to generally hate the current state of the enthusiast PC market. CPUs, GPUs, RAM, it's all a bit mental right now. At least he doesn't hide his preferences and does make negative videos about AMD too (notably regarding Vega).

He is certainly biased towards AMD. Even when talking about vega he was still trying to point out the good in it.
He doesn't do that on intel/nvidia products.

Soldato
He is certainly biased towards AMD. Even when talking about vega he was still trying to point out the good in it.
He actually does but I'm not going to argue against your bias point. Beware of thinking that being balanced or fair is the same as being objective; not all companies/products/ideologies/whatever deserve equal amounts of praise, criticism, and derision.

Permabanned

To hate AMD? For giving us the at-least-5-year-late multi-core processors which Intel would otherwise have forgotten to give us forever? :D
To hate AMD for forcing Intel to unexpectedly jump to the i9 series, to jump to the i7-8700K with 6 cores, to jump to the i7-9700K with 8 cores?
To hate AMD for forcing Intel to move to x86-64? Thus forgetting their original intention to move the whole market sometime in the unknown future to Itanium?
To hate AMD for giving us great PC computing at affordable prices?

Thanks but no hatred from me :D

Soldato

Go back just over 6 months, we had Intel HEDT, 4C/8T 7700K and 4C/4T 7600K and Piledriver? as 'enthusiast' CPU segments

Now we have Intel HEDT, prospective 6C/12T 8700K and 6C/6T 8600K, possibly 8400 (unproven as yet), AMD HEDT (Threadripper), Ryzen unlocked 8C/16T down to 4C/4T

What is not to like, possibly the best time since mid 2000/2010 for processors and motherboards.

Soldato

You haven't seen his MSI 1080ti video then. He talks about Nvidia 1080TI panning all before It and smashing AMD's vega.

He may have a bit of a chip on his shoulder but he backs up his videos with hard verifiable facts which I find refreshing for a tech reviewer.

Back
Top Bottom