**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
For which Pixel?
For the standard Pixel 2 the flat 2.5D tempered glass protectors will probably be fine.
For the Pixel 2 XL, it looks like even the curved glass protectors will have trade offs. They are only glued around the edges, and have a dot matrix which is visible in almost all scenarios, to account for the glass not being in tight contact with the screen.

Soldato
DROPPED MY PIXEL 2!!! :eek:

Onto concrete, about a 4 ft drop. Landed on the bottom left corner, and then flipped over and came to rest screen down. Luckily my spigen thin fit case took the hit and the screen is fine!

Now got an annoying scuff on the case. Heh. But at least it's OK.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That does look very good and the reviews are certainly positive.

Do you use it in addition to screen protection?

I haven't got a screen protector.

DROPPED MY PIXEL 2!!! :eek:

Onto concrete, about a 4 ft drop. Landed on the bottom left corner, and then flipped over and came to rest screen down. Luckily my spigen thin fit case took the hit and the screen is fine!

Now got an annoying scuff on the case. Heh. But at least it's OK.

Glad to hear the phone is OK, and that the case is doing it's job ;)

Soldato
For which Pixel?
For the standard Pixel 2 the flat 2.5D tempered glass protectors will probably be fine.
For the Pixel 2 XL, it looks like even the curved glass protectors will have trade offs. They are only glued around the edges, and have a dot matrix which is visible in almost all scenarios, to account for the glass not being in tight contact with the screen.
Xl2

I used to hace the spigen on my pixel 1 which was perfect.

Permabanned
OP
Go figure.

CPW promised a delivery on 20 November (or on launch date whichever sooner) when I pre-ordered in early October. So the launch of the 2 XL came and went and not a word from CPW despite numerous attempts to update status. No one at CPW was able to tell me why they did not get the phone at launch. Frustration followed and so did a gift certificate on my next purchase.

Knock on door this morning and dpd delivered both the Panda (2 XL) and the Home Mini in one small package!

No notification from dpd. Lucky someone was at home to receive. Wife will be happy with my Pixel XL soon. Mini going abroad to another family member as the three full sized Home devices in the house is more than sufficient.

Un-boxing this evening. Will share comments over coming days.

Soldato
Plot twist. He doesn't like the screen.

Ha ha, love it.

I'm editing together a video comparison of last years to this years today. I'm actually a little concerned as while it looks great on it's own, side by side last years looks a little better? I think it's just an exposure thing though. The 2 seems slightly over exposed.

Does anyone else have any way of comparing theirs side by side another half decent camera?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So, anyone use their P2 or XL in the car via BT and not have any meta data displaying from any music apps showing up? In the GF's 2013 Ibiza it shows nothing, not even the track name.

Any fixes? Have tried messing with the Bluetooth options in developer options to no avail. In fact, most of them seem to just revert back to default.

Associate
CPW have £50 off the Pixel 2 64Gb and I'm seriously tempted to upgrade from my Galaxy S6. How are non XL users finding the phone? Are the bezels really that bad?

Back
Top Bottom