DPD - Rant

Associate
DPD have been okay for me. Yodel the worst ( as per most people's experience) and FedEx the next worst. Currently have a package stuck in their Enfield depot as they it seems my postcode doesn't appear on their satnav, so is incorrect. 2 phone calls and the package still isn't with me.....

Associate
DPD have been okay for me. Yodel the worst ( as per most people's experience) and FedEx the next worst. Currently have a package stuck in their Enfield depot as they think that if my postcode doesn't appear on their satnav, so is incorrect (it's not, not other delivery companies have this issue so far). 2 phone calls and the package still isn't with me.....

Associate
I actually don't use companies if they dont use DPD as all other totally suck compared to them.
All companies make mistakes and screw up, so its how they get things sorted thats important.

Associate
Not had an issue with DPD, including orders delivered from OCUK. Sounds like your local depot needs a new sheriff.

Better than Yodel either way..

Soldato
DPD are fine - not had an issue with them as of yet but quite amusing how much love they seem to be gathering just for their ability to deliver a parcel when they are meant to.

Soldato
DPD live tracking map isn't all that accurate. Last time it said he still had 2 drops before mine when he was knocking on my door.

DHL however are good and very speedy. I usually get an email from them saying my parcel will be delivered on such a such day e.g 2 days time / 48 hour service. Then the next morning I get a text saying it's being delivered today. Result.

Soldato
DPD in London are easily the best courier I've ever used, mainly because they delivery when they say they will and their tracking is spot on.
Exactly that, I really rate DPD in Stoke. Being local, I don't have to use delivery for OCUK anyway but when I shop online I always prefer DPD.

Associate
DPD have always been great for me, always glad when i see it as a delivery option on a retailer.

I can also tell you from experience, DPD have one of the best GLIT (Goods Lost In Transit) rates in the industry.

Shame you've had a poor experience. Definitely complain, you'd be surprised how seriously courier companies take this type of thing internally. Their statistics on lost or damages parcels is incredibly important to them, as it's a major selling point for business to business sales.

Soldato
I don't recall you saying that you're having a delivery problem

Haha, I really want to know what the moderator edit was to your post. But anyway, apparently I needed to include the words "for example" to illustrate your advice may not be that great depending on the slight piece of information that is the OP's home location.

Associate
DPD fantastic!
Royal Mail second best
DHL are good and reliable but not so speedy.
FedEx a little shoddy from my experience but I haven't used them much.
Hermes not so good
Yodel ... would rather place my chap in the hands of a cannibal. They left a package of first edition books on a welcome mat in the pouring rain. No protection. Damn their eyes!

Soldato
OP: “DPD are rubbish, to hell with them”
Rest of OCUK forums turn to each other, pitchforks in hand: “He’s bad mouthing DPD! Get him!”

I agree with the masses, DPD are great in my experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
DPD managed to "loose" a £1000 monitor on me once

After an investigation started it mysteriously appeared again, delayed the delivery by over a week

Box looked abit worse for wear as well ......

A bit suspect in my view

Also had a some orders take a few days longer than normal with no justifiable reason as to why

Back
Top Bottom