US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Permabanned
Negan's arc is far better in the comics, like most things, though the show does have some superior things like Darrel (who doesn't exist in the comics), but then again he's boring nowadays, as is the show in general.

Permabanned
Watching Rick and Negan trying not to kill each other felt like a waste of time, Rick suddenly loses the ability to shoot straight or hit Negan with a baseball bat, then they fall into a basement full of zombies and both leave unscathed, Negan even climbed out of a window (of the basement). Plot armor makes the impossible possible.

Such great writing.

Caporegime
has a ak full mag sprays everywhere.could have just walked up and shot him.makes no sense.every episode is like a 10 year old is writing it.

Soldato
Feels like a lot of people in the topic just check in to see how the ep was, and haven't watched it... I'm one of them :p

Don't watch the show anymore but still interested to see how it's faring and if it's still the same that pushed me away from it.

I'm the same. Packed in but pop into the thread to see if it's improved and worth watching.

Soldato
So Rick can headshot zombies walkers with ease at 100y with a .357 Colt Python but can't hit Negan at 50y with a fully auto AK pattern rifle (going from the stock, it could be a Norinco type 56-2 but it certainly didn't sound like a 7.62x39 AK)? Do they seriously not employ people to look at this **** and advise them?

Soldato
While we're at it, best not mention Negan walking away from the car crash (that we didn't actually see) with no cuts or scrapes whatsoever. Pretty damn lucky that considering he wasn't wearing a seat belt and had a bucket full of zombie walker blood and viscera with Lucille stuck in it on the seat next to him. Yet not a drop touched him, despite the car's interior looking like an abattoir.

Man of Honour
OP
Hmm, on the one hand I quite enjoyed the pace of that episode. On the other we had multiple gun shots, axe shots and Lucille shots that somehow missed Negan (I have honestly never seen such thick plot armour). Then we also had a room full of walkers that Negan and Rick are able to fight off, half the time with their bare hands that for at least half the fight actually slowed the walkers down. What on earth. Interesting final 5 minutes though.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I agree with the bashing, however that aside I really do love Negans character. His genuine care for Coral and the trash people, having morals above his somewhat communist ways endears me to him but then you remember what he did to Glen etc. It's a tough character to just kill off IMO and deserves to be around.

I have a feeling him and Rick are just a rock and hard place and neither will end the other and eventually leave each other alone. The saviors will probably end up splitting between Negan and Simon in some way.

Not sure about this new leader and supposed community. I assume the helicopter they keep glossing over is maybe to do with them. It's all a bit formulaic at the moment with the way they progress. New communities, new bad people, trust/don't trust, rinse/repeat. We need a better pace, a different threat, a new hope; they need to link back with the wider world somehow and the walkers or some mutation of needs to be a threat again.

At the moment it's like Eastenders with zombies and a bit more creative license but but done badly and it's a real shame with such strong characters at their disposal.

Soldato
It's all a bit formulaic at the moment with the way they progress. New communities, new bad people, trust/don't trust, rinse/repeat. We need a better pace, a different threat, a new hope; they need to link back with the wider world somehow and the walkers or some mutation of needs to be a threat again.

At the moment it's like Eastenders with zombies and a bit more creative license but but done badly and it's a real shame with such strong characters at their disposal.

Imo they've dropped a huge cods in killing off Carl. He should have survived the bite and that would have been a good turning point for the show, giving them new hope and opening up new directions for the show. While not being bitten, it looks like Father Gabriel is going to survive a good dose of "zombie guts". While hugely charismatic "Negan" has been a disappointment. The episode where he killed Abraham & Glen was terrific but aside from that it's been all down hill to the point where it's almost become pantomime.

I still enjoy the show, I just hope for better writing in the future. Lets just hope they don't kill off any more of the main character for "Effect"

Man of Honour
OP
Not sure about this new leader and supposed community. I assume the helicopter they keep glossing over is maybe to do with them. It's all a bit formulaic at the moment with the way they progress. New communities, new bad people, trust/don't trust, rinse/repeat. We need a better pace, a different threat, a new hope; they need to link back with the wider world somehow and the walkers or some mutation of needs to be a threat again.

This is a fair point. There are lot of hints being dropped about future storylines, but not much movement. I have never seen the walkers move as slowly as they have in the last few episodes (complete contrast to season 1). They just aren't intimidating anymore.

Soldato
This is a fair point. There are lot of hints being dropped about future storylines, but not much movement. I have never seen the walkers move as slowly as they have in the last few episodes (complete contrast to season 1). They just aren't intimidating anymore.

The walkers moving more slowly is deliberate. Even though they are all obviously dead, the decay is taking it's effect. Greg Nicotero was explaining as each season passes the make-up/effects for the walkers are becoming ever more elaborate to try and portray it happening.

Man of Honour
OP
The walkers moving more slowly is deliberate. Even though they are all obviously dead, the decay is taking it's effect. Greg Nicotero was explaining as each season passes the make-up/effects for the walkers are becoming ever more elaborate to try and portray it happening.

Exactly why we need a new threat (and not just a human one), because the walkers are just filler now.

Soldato
Exactly why we need a new threat (and not just a human one), because the walkers are just filler now.

Yeah, I agree. They should make more of the struggle for food and "stuff" there has to be a limit to the amount of stuff you can simply find lying around especially as there appear to be more and more groups simply doing the same. But that just takes us down the same road as mentioned above "New communities, new bad people, trust/don't trust, rinse/repeat."

Back
Top Bottom