US: **The Walking Dead Season 8 - Contains Spoilers - No future content to be discussed **

Soldato
4 letters sum up the latest one accurately ZZZZ

I want to stick with it, however worst episode of the season so far for me too. While I like Seth Gilliam the actor, he's wasted here. I still have no idea what "Father Gabriel" is supposed to be bringing to the plot. The narrative has been all over the place, the jumping about in time, and from character to character that took place in the first half of the season was all over the place. It doesn't make it interesting, it makes it irritating and disjointed

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yet another episode where I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of scenes that just feel like filler. I can't stand Tara, her character is so badly written. Poor forced humour and now she just comes across as annoying.

I'm hoping it's building up to something, but I thought that in the first half of the season but it didn't

Bit of a boring one last night, hope it's going somewhere

I hope it's going to be cancelled. I pop back every now and then to see if it improved but it seems to be plumbing new depths of rubbishness. The spin off series seems less of a pantomime than this and I was still watching that last series.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Why are we still going through juvenile plot lines like with Tara? This show should be maturing not filling out already dull episodes with this dross. Same old "can we trust, can we not", this is like Eastenders but worse. They need to bring in new things, new characters and move on. This at the moment is building upto nothing and really wish it would sort itself out.

Caporegime
It's pretty bad writing isn't it regarding the trust thing, surely characters who've been around this long who haven't learned how the current world works should be the ones dying/being killed. With Gabriel, it's like they're trying to demonstrate just how bad religion can be, he's like a lost child apart from the odd moment where it looks like he's finally turned things around.

Associate
They've diverted too much from the comic and they're drawing the story for as long as they can, it's getting a bit stale now.

There are other things I want to watch, this may have to take a back seat for a few weeks.

Then again I've said that in previous seasons and they usually manage to pull me back, we'll see.

Soldato
Then again I've said that in previous seasons and they usually manage to pull me back, we'll see.

I'm of the same opinion. While I wouldn't argue that this has been the weakest season by far, There's still enough in it to keep me watching. I'm hopeful that once "Negan" has met his end the story will unfold a little more.

Soldato
Yet another episode where I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of scenes that just feel like filler.
I did exactly the same. Effectively, anything with the priest and Tara I just went past, and watched the last few mins and hadn't missed anything at all. Sign of a great series, I'm very close to finishing with it, but I've invested so much time in it over the years I just feel like I need to see what happens post-Negan at least (having not read the comics past vol.3).

Man of Honour
Lol can’t remember the last time people said wow what a good episode, why do you lot still watch this ?

Feels like a lot of people in the topic just check in to see how the ep was, and haven't watched it... I'm one of them :p

Don't watch the show anymore but still interested to see how it's faring and if it's still the same that pushed me away from it.

Man of Honour
OP
Lol can’t remember the last time people said wow what a good episode, why do you lot still watch this ?

I have already invested so much time into it and generally just have it on in the background now.

They honestly couldn't drag this out more if they tried. The whole Negan storyline could have been wrapped up in a single season. It has gone way passed silly now.

Soldato
This weeks was certainly better than most of the episodes this season but the Rick vs Negan show down still fell flat for me not to mention Ricks potato aim when Negan ran off the first time.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have already invested so much time into it and generally just have it on in the background now.

They honestly couldn't drag this out more if they tried. The whole Negan storyline could have been wrapped up in a single season. It has gone way passed silly now.

Same here.

I'm very disappointed by the Negan story, I've not read the comics but had high hopes for what I'd read about the general story arc. this whole season has been one big disappointment.

Man of Honour
OP
Same here.

I'm very disappointed by the Negan story, I've not read the comics but had high hopes for what I'd read about the general story arc. this whole season has been one big disappointment.

Same, from what I read about the comics the storyline sounded great. What we got on TV ended up being an empty shell with lots of random filler that didn't make sense. Hopefully the next arc is better?

Caporegime
The episode wasn't too bad, that new woman is obviously evil with excellent manipulation tactics.

It was frustrating watching the Rick and Negan film though as it was obvious they weren't going to kill him off that easily, he could have just crept up on the car and shot him :p

Back
Top Bottom