Who here owns a Subaru?

Man of Honour
I'm not sure what panel availability would be like and it's only really an option if you REALLY want to keep it for a very long time, but have you though about replacing the full rear quarters?

The rear wheel arches are part of the main body, not a detachable panel, otherwise I'd already have gone for a replacement. That's why this is a little complicated. My company went bust in January, has just come back from the dead, but is still unsteady. Now is NOT a good time to be buying. Actually this car has a weird curse: every time I seriously look at another car my job is either threatened or actually goes. It's happened at least five times now. I think I shall call her Christine.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Well, that car sold within 3 days of being listed. I guess it wasn't overpriced as such, just your usual "trade tax"

I think my hearts set on a manual spec b now. saloon or wagon, I can deal with either. ebay, autotrader, gumtree and uklegacy pages set to twice daily f5

I know you said the v6 over 2.0 turbo, but this ;)

Just ignore the price as well :p

https://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-legacy-gt-spec-b-wr-edition-2/

https://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-legacy-gt-spec-b-wr-edition-2/

Associate
Hi All. Looking to get my money situation sorted to purchase my first Scooby towards the end of the year. Unsure if the better STi will be within budge. So if its now and I go for the WRX would you recommend any upgrades to make it better and closer to the STi. Eg suspension etc?

Soldato
Hi All. Looking to get my money situation sorted to purchase my first Scooby towards the end of the year. Unsure if the better STi will be within budge. So if its now and I go for the WRX would you recommend any upgrades to make it better and closer to the STi. Eg suspension etc?
No. Get an sti. Wrx needs literally everything upgrading to be as good as an sti and by the time you do that you could have bought 2 sti's but your car is worth 1/2 and sti.

Associate
No. Get an sti. Wrx needs literally everything upgrading to be as good as an sti and by the time you do that you could have bought 2 sti's but your car is worth 1/2 and sti.

Don't know how logical it is but a WRX can be got for say 7K a very good STI 12K - Eventually id want to forge the engine to push 400BHP+. Therefore id be upgrading brakes and suspension to "better than STi spec alos with a bigger turbo These are better on the STi hence the price so if starting with the WRX the difference in the cost of the 2 car would pay for the engine forge and the other elements being improved in turn makes it a superior car. im aware there will be some differences but over all still have a very robust car and something capable of more power than an Sti would have as its engine wouldn't be forged

Man of Honour
Don't know how logical it is but a WRX can be got for say 7K a very good STI 12K - Eventually id want to forge the engine to push 400BHP+. Therefore id be upgrading brakes and suspension to "better than STi spec alos with a bigger turbo These are better on the STi hence the price so if starting with the WRX the difference in the cost of the 2 car would pay for the engine forge and the other elements being improved in turn makes it a superior car. im aware there will be some differences but over all still have a very robust car and something capable of more power than an Sti would have as its engine wouldn't be forged

Doesn't fix the glass 5 speed gearboxes that the WRX is fitted with, or the open deck block Vs semi closed deck block in the STI

Soldato
probably will just save for it. Is there a limit as to the mileage I should be looking before anything major might need done as seems ones 80K + miles don't hold value as much etc
Milage makes little difference. My wr1 had 148k miles and it drove really really well. I have driven quite a few sti's and I think the main things are full service history with low miles between services. Also how they have been driven make a difference. Lower owner cars are much better from what I've found. Once they get to 4+ they normally aren't as well maintained and service history gets lost.

Associate
Milage makes little difference. My wr1 had 148k miles and it drove really really well. I have driven quite a few sti's and I think the main things are full service history with low miles between services. Also how they have been driven make a difference. Lower owner cars are much better from what I've found. Once they get to 4+ they normally aren't as well maintained and service history gets lost.

Tbh i'll probably get scoobyclinic to source me one and pay them a finders fee to ensure im getting a good deal/car

Soldato

Lol you already sound like a typical WRX owner. :D

Soldato
Get a STI. You would have to sink the price of a STI into a WRX to get it any better. That same price on top of a STI would then smash said WRX.

You already have everything there with with the STI to get to up to 450BHP without too much work.

Back
Top Bottom