Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
Im playing through Mortal Empire, since i really want to be better at these games than i am. How many turns are people taking to finish campaigns? i'm at 103 and i've barely started making headway now into taking Vampire Count land.

Caporegime
Yeah I find going can be slow. Probably reflects on my skill tbh. Turn 60 as tomb kings and ive driven the orcs in to the mountains, stopped at the edge of the vc territory and not even captured a single other tk settlement!

Soldato
I'm wondering if i might.

Just had a huge Beastman army show up. I defended against a massive VC attack, barely, during the same turn the beastmen sweep in and finish off my mans, then run off allowing the single unit of VCs nearby to claim a city.

They're not allied in any way... they just swarm in to help the VCs then leave again. Madness.

Soldato
Their late game invasions are just simply vast. So you spend half the time chasing enormous shadows around the map trying to corner them while they rampage your land. 50 turns later and you resume your normal conquest game. I know some people love it, but I just found it frustrating.

Soldato
Honestly this game is insanely hard. i dont know how you're supposed to defend against Norsca, Skaven, Goblins, Vampire Counts and Other Empire factions (although i've largely taken care of those). With 2 armies. I'm literally on turn 120 defending against all 4 right now.

Caporegime
Honestly this game is insanely hard. i dont know how you're supposed to defend against Norsca, Skaven, Goblins, Vampire Counts and Other Empire factions (although i've largely taken care of those). With 2 armies. I'm literally on turn 120 defending against all 4 right now.
Use Steel Faith mod as soon as it is available for the Norsca update.

Associate

Sounds like your playing as the empire who have quite a hard start. A good strategy for a campaign is recruit a second lord ASAP and send them on a treasure hunt around the map, picking up all the respawning ocean treasure. The also allows you to meet trading partners too early game.

I would send a lord down coast of breatonia, accross to high elves island and then onto lizardmen then down lustria coast and then back accross to southlands.

Then recruit a hero and send him south to meet the drawfs and other southern factions, border princes, Estilia and tomb kings.

Also take marienburg for the port as that city can support an army by itself.

Campaign is all about getting a solid economy built up so you can support more stacks. Also as other factions expand you will lose trading partners so it’s imperative to find other order factions ASAP. By turn 120 you should really have 4 or 5 armies.

Also for all minor settlements make sure you build the garrison building with walls. The ai has a knack for finding un walled settlements in the middle of your empire or spawning near them.

Soldato
Sounds like your playing as the empire who have quite a hard start. A good strategy for a campaign is recruit a second lord ASAP and send them on a treasure hunt around the map, picking up all the respawning ocean treasure. The also allows you to meet trading partners too early game.

I would send a lord down coast of breatonia, accross to high elves island and then onto lizardmen then down lustria coast and then back accross to southlands.

Then recruit a hero and send him south to meet the drawfs and other southern factions, border princes, Estilia and tomb kings.

Also take marienburg for the port as that city can support an army by itself.

Campaign is all about getting a solid economy built up so you can support more stacks. Also as other factions expand you will lose trading partners so it’s imperative to find other order factions ASAP. By turn 120 you should really have 4 or 5 armies.

Also for all minor settlements make sure you build the garrison building with walls. The ai has a knack for finding un walled settlements in the middle of your empire or spawning near them.

Very helpful thank you. I've found myself allied with Bretonia who have confederated most of those races bar one, that's been a big help as I've discovered the War Target function. Also allied with the Dwarves which is keeping me not worried about Greenskins who seem to be running away with the game.

I previously allied with everyone I could thinking it'd keep me safe but it probably caused more issues than it solved tbh.

At turn 80 I was at my alliance peak and I dropped basically all my army to spend ~20 turns building a better infrastructure which did help a lot. 4 or 5 armies seems impossible at this stage so I guess it's just more practice.

Caporegime
I save scum on pretty much every game I play, on account of how generally crap I am at gaming.
Me too, done it my whole life in these kinds of games. In fact I can't imagine playing these kinds of games without save scumming as why do I want my game to be ruined by a couple of catastrophically bad choices? I'm certainly not going to let misplaced pride get in the way of my game enjoyment! :D

Associate
Ok, so CA_Grace has confirmed on reddit that only one more dlc will releases late this year for warhammer 2 and that will be the campaign pack.

The lord pack dlc for lizardmen and skaven will be 2019 sometime.

Official forums are in meltdown with this news, especially skaven and lizardmen fans having to wait so long for the Extra units and ROR considering warhammer 1 dlc released every 2 months.

Not to mention the reinforcement bug, loyalty problems not triggering as well as hidden quests for equipment, units dropping orders etc. CA will only patch when they released dlc or flc.

Let’s hope Three kingdoms is worth it as they obviously pulled all their resources to focus on this game.

Also if you want the legendary achievement you can save scum. Go find the legendary auto save file:

iconGames.png

C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\save_games

Copy the auto save file and paste it in another folder, basically creating a save point in Windows.

If you want to reload this save, paste it back into original folder and overwrite existing file.

Time saving if your to busy to waste 25 hours on a losing campaign.

Soldato
Hi I've never played these games but just bought WH2. Bit annoying it doesn't have all the first game's factions. Worth plying WH1 first? It's a 2 year old game though and I don't want it to feel dated. Has it been bought up to par with the second?

Soldato
If you buy the first aswell (albeit at more expense) you can play with all factions in the Mortal Empires campaign which is like an uber massive map.

Did they update the old one with the new changes and graphics? Bit random but if it feels dated compared to the newer one a bit put off..

Also essential mods?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so I went for both 1 and 2. Didn't install one but have it for the factions. Started 2 campaign.

1 odd problem - I've got everything set on ultra, x8 AA and campaign battles look awful. Blurry and crap textures. My gfx drivers are up to date (1070ti). I'm getting 60 fps.

Are there any known issues with some of settings that I should turn off/on?

Back
Top Bottom