Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
I'm with you on that, probably part of game i hate most.

Wish there was a option to disable chaos.

I get it that the Chaos invasion is just part of the game and I always defeat them (so far!) but they just spawn anywhere they please and just trash me so I have to either hastily build armies near to where they are or drag my other armies half way across an enormous map which takes ages just to defeat them. Once that's done, I drag my armies half way across the map again to continue until the next invasion. Does killing Archaeon stop the Chaos invasions? It just means that campaigns last FOREVER!

Don't know much about mods or installing them. Will have a look.

Soldato
Soldato
Don't forget to use mods, they massively improve the game, especially the AI mods http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...=readytouseitems&actualsort=trend&p=1&days=90

Essentials are:

Graphical mods:

AI & gameplay mods:

Advanced overhaul mods (significantly improved changes to the game from vanilla so maybe try this last of all):

Just seen this actually. Will try a few out tonight. Steam makes it so easy with mods, that's a relief. I've only ever modded Company of Heroes and that required a separate installer etc, but this just makes it so easy.

Caporegime
Just seen this actually. Will try a few out tonight. Steam makes it so easy with mods, that's a relief. I've only ever modded Company of Heroes and that required a separate installer etc, but this just makes it so easy.
Yes mate, it really is that simple. Mods really improve this game, of that there is no doubt. CA are glacially slow at patching and even when they do many things go unfixed or new problems arise. I use Steel Faith II as an absolute minimum, and there are many other UI/graphical mods that compliment it. Just don't over-do things. :)

Soldato
I don't mind the base game, its got enough complexity in it for me. Having known next to nothing about Warhammer I found this a difficult game to get up to speed with (I had no idea about the units etc). One thing I would really like is better ownership overlays/colour scheme on the map when you zoom out so its easier to see who owns what bit of land. Last TW I played was TW Rome 2 and the map was nice and clear, this is just confusing.

Caporegime
I don't mind the base game, its got enough complexity in it for me. Having known next to nothing about Warhammer I found this a difficult game to get up to speed with (I had no idea about the units etc). One thing I would really like is better ownership overlays/colour scheme on the map when you zoom out so its easier to see who owns what bit of land. Last TW I played was TW Rome 2 and the map was nice and clear, this is just confusing.
Complexity has nothing to do with it, mods don't really change that. They fix things that are broken, improve general gameplay and balancing and improve the UI.

Soldato
What I meant was, I probably wouldn't notice the difference because my understanding of the game at the moment is just surface deep. Ive only done 1 ME campaign with High elves and have a quarter of the map conquered.

Associate
I am sure the total warhammer veterans are already aware, but for those of you not aware, the below mod makes the AI far better in my opinion doesn't drastically increase difficulty or anything to an extent but removes the Anti player personality of the AI meaning this will help reduce the benny hill moments, also the unit compositions the AI make are better, avoids them making 1 general and 19 troll or chariot gangs etc..

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1120180673

Soldato
What I can never work out is how mods come along that make clear improvements but these studios are not able to do some of them at all even when they are relative basic and just make things more enjoyable. I mean those essential list of mods all seem simple and great fixes. It used to be that games came out with these and mods were pulled in and looked at. Now it's just forgotten about and move on.

Caporegime
What I can never work out is how mods come along that make clear improvements but these studios are not able to do some of them at all even when they are relative basic and just make things more enjoyable. I mean those essential list of mods all seem simple and great fixes. It used to be that games came out with these and mods were pulled in and looked at. Now it's just forgotten about and move on.
It is because CA have the worlds most glacially slow patch release cycle and are VERY conservative with the changes they make so as not to affect their perception of the balance. Sadly, they seem to have very little idea what good balance actually is, not to mention a lack of what constitutes thorough playtesting.

Associate
Why do it yourself when you have a community that offers the choice. Thats the joy of mods, we can make the game what we want (or not). Plus given how easy it is to mod and use the Workshop, I think they are happy with aa base game that is stable and does what it says on the tin.

Caporegime
Why do it yourself when you have a community that offers the choice. Thats the joy of mods, we can make the game what we want (or not). Plus given how easy it is to mod and use the Workshop, I think they are happy with aa base game that is stable and does what it says on the tin.
Eh? CA should and do say that they are ALWAYS working to provide improved AI and features, however the reality is that modders are not restrained by red tape and in fact are often more talented than the developers themselves.

Soldato
If I didn't have first one and to make a choice between the two I would have got the first one as it's got in my opinion the best factions and it's also the bigger game ATM until 2 releases all its dlcs. But as you have the first one I recommend getting it to have the mortals campaign where both games are joined together.

Back
Top Bottom