Total War: Warhammer 2

Soldato
I was literally addicted to it for at least a month. Mercifully I finished the campaign I was playing through at the same time battlefleet gothic 2 came out. Now I'm only addicted to that

Associate
I haven't really played since mortal empires launched. Is the performance between turns absolutely awful for anyone else?

I'm running a 3770k and a 1070 with 16gb ram

Soldato
I haven't really played since mortal empires launched. Is the performance between turns absolutely awful for anyone else?

I'm running a 3770k and a 1070 with 16gb ram

I've upgraded from a 3770k and 980ti to a 2700x and same gpu. I might load up an old campaign and see if the extra cpu grunt helps, because AI turns were always a bit chuggy for me

Associate
I've upgraded from a 3770k and 980ti to a 2700x and same gpu. I might load up an old campaign and see if the extra cpu grunt helps, because AI turns were always a bit chuggy for me
Looking forward to hearing how you get on? I'm planning an upgrade when the 3000 series ryzen come out

Soldato
Fancy getting both of them, but the combined cost, plus DLC is a little intimidating. Guess it's a good sign that it's not dropped significantly though.

What are peoples opinions on which game to get, which DLCs, if it makes a big difference etc? I'll be honest with myself, and say that I'd probably not try every single campaign, just a few.

Soldato
Sega sale on Steam at the moment. First Total War: Warhammer is only £10. Good place to start. 6 of the DLC are free, the rest you can pick up when you have played through all the included factions.

Associate
Some of you have been talking about how slow the game is and I did too until I moved everything to a SSD, so these days there are no problems
to speak of. My system is a Ryzen 5 1500x, Asus gtx 1060 OC 6gb and 24 gig ram (I work and play using the same pc). If you do wish to move your
game(s) over to a SSD, then download the program SteamMover, which is free.

Caporegime
Some of you have been talking about how slow the game is and I did too until I moved everything to a SSD, so these days there are no problems
to speak of. My system is a Ryzen 5 1500x, Asus gtx 1060 OC 6gb and 24 gig ram (I work and play using the same pc). If you do wish to move your
game(s) over to a SSD, then download the program SteamMover, which is free.
What people complain about being slow the most are the end turn times, but this is not an SSD issue it's a processor issue.

Caporegime
ok..

I'm interested in knowing what length the delays are roughly for how far in to the game?
The more factions you discover (and especially that have visible armies) and are alive the longer turn times will be. Can be up to a couple of minutes sometimes depending what happens.

The mod to disable pointless diplomatic attempts really during end turn times helps with this.

Soldato
The more factions you discover (and especially that have visible armies) and are alive the longer turn times will be. Can be up to a couple of minutes sometimes depending what happens.

The mod to disable pointless diplomatic attempts really during end turn times helps with this.
I can't say it's ever been that long for me, unless I'm doing diplomacy stuff, even at end game. Tonight I promise I will load up a late game save and actually test

Back
Top Bottom