What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Ready Player One - 7/10
Really enjoyed this film, will definitely watch this again

Lots of good references to watch out for, I bet there is a ton I missed out on

Soldato
Just started watching Alien V Predator. I know it has poor reviews but I've not watched it so giving it a go. Seems a bit poor already but I'll stick with it....

Also, it's on E4 so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hack the frequency of the adverts...

Associate
Naa i thought rampage was ok... ok its a big smashemup type thing... but it could have been worse.

So tonight i have watched Ant man and the wasp... was a pretty decent sequel and another link in the chain for Avengers 4.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Annihilation 6.5/10 - Quite a unique take on sci-fi disaster with a fair amount of abstract ideas and scenes, but just badly paced and uninvolving. Voting it extra for the HDR/Dolby Vision which is the most impressive I've seen yet (tho LG OLEDs just got an update which might have fixed some issues).

Associate
Tag (2018) - 4/10

Simple entertainment for an undemanding audience let down by a lack of laughs.

It’s a sweet story (all the more so as it’s based on truth), but could have been a lot funnier, drags on for too long, and gets very dark towards the end.

Good acting, but there’s nothing really remarkable about it.

Soldato
Incident In Ghostland, 6.5/10 Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. decent twist 3/4 of the way through which I didn't see coming.

Soldato
Manchester by the Sea - 5/10.

Seems to have been massively overrated. Some of the attempted accents were appalling and considering the subject matter, I found the son didn’t seem to really give a **** barring one poorly acted scene. All characters were unlikeable pretty much. Don’t waste your time on this.

Soldato
Sicario 2: soldado 3/10. Started well, had a few nice idea's but went nowhere and ended up massively underdeveloped. Real shame.

Care to elaborate? I watched this last night and thought it was awesome, especially the set pieces. A lot of reviewers are saying "missing Emily Blunt" dont agree at all, it wouldnt have worked with such a faster pace than the original and her questioning every bullet being shot :p

Soldato
OP
Death Becomes Her - Saw this on Amazon last night and hadn't watched it since I was little. Definitely picked up on things better as you do when you're older. Was still pretty good, good dark humour and was nice to see Bruce Willis acting so against type, especially considering what he does now. Some of it has definitely aged poorly but not enough to ruin it. 6/10

Soldato
Watched Get Out for the second time. Personally, this is the sort of film I like but as with anything in life, it won't be for everyone.
I couldn't work out what genre they were going for.. Attempt at horror? It didn't have any really bad bits I just found the film a little predicable and the ending a bit meh too.

I watched a quiet place today that was good, 7/10. Premise of the film was good, monsters looked interesting. Ending could have been longer

Soldato
Personally enjoyed Get Out, I didn't see the twist coming so maybe it's part of why I did.

A Quiet Place is on my to watch list, looks interesting but haven't seen any trailers, will just go in blind.

Watched Ready Player One. Not a bad film at all, I had read the book though, which meant I knew roughly what was going to happen.

Soldato
Ready Player One - bad acting, 2D characters, CGI overload, predictable storyline, overall a terrible movie but strangely, I really enjoyed it. Mainly due to the sheer amount of easter eggs littered in there, must have cost a fortune to feature all that as I know a lot of those aren't in house Warner IP's. I feel like watching again just to see what else I can spot.

Did feel a lot more Michael Bay than Spielberg. Wish i'd had chance to read the book before watching it.

Favourite parts were Chucky and the Excalibur spell.

Oh and Hollywood needs to get rid of T.J. Miller.

Back
Top Bottom