• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
This has been the problem since forever with Amd unfortunately. Bar a few reviewers who truly know what they are doing, most just ran it out the box or failed to comprehend how to fiddle with the p-states, wondering why voltage and power limit doesn't get them anywhere.
Tbh AMD need to make their cards idiot proof to avoid bad rep. They don't do themselves any favour. Here we have imo a better card then the 1080 "if" they came at a true 1500 solid out the box and overclocked to 1700-1800 would put them out of site.

Soldato
For my best run, as posted above, I think I had clock set to 1750mhz but 3dmark reckons it only hit 1682mhz which came out at 25.5k graphic score. I might have to redo them now I understand Vega so much better and drivers have come on a lot. But I reckon you'd have to get close to 1800mhz to get to 26k. I can't see any Vega 64 that break that number on the Firestrike Bench chart, not even Matt did it.

BIG EDIT...SORRY DAVEDREE, YOU BROKE 26K (just had another look). Quite surprised at that with 1722/1125. Fair play bud. Can we hit 27k lol.
You can :), I'm on peasant stock cooler ;) + I'm too busy mining on it, :eek:

Soldato
Almost certainly it would crash I think I tried it before. It starts to crash when i start to push the card north of 1600.

Try this one first, 1620s boost, usually sits in 1610s some times dipped to 1595.

UcQIfgF.png

Also try this. I could get 1620s all the time with some dips to 1600 while running heaven but didn't saw less than during the whole heaven run.

vOEf8DR.png

Let me know how it goes.

Soldato
Seems when I move to my new house and get the 2950X (for rendering) and another monitor, I will set up a youtube channel (no ads) and have some sessions like the one had tonight tweaking on one monitor the Vega card and running various benchmarks on the other window. (both windows will be captured). Just for science :D

Might also buy a Red Devil if prices are the same in 3-4 weeks, to run some comparisons on tweaking and settings.
(don't ask to put the heatsink on the nitro).

Soldato
Try this one first, 1620s boost, usually sits in 1610s some times dipped to 1595.

UcQIfgF.png

Also try this. I could get 1620s all the time with some dips to 1600 while running heaven but didn't saw less than during the whole heaven run.

vOEf8DR.png

Let me know how it goes.
The card will run without crashing if I set those clocks but in the tests it goes right down to 1300mhz even at +50power. The only way to get high clocks for me is to lower voltage but at 1600 anything below 1150mv crashes the system.

Soldato
What is your PSU? Because @Raptorpg used my settings above, and his card clocked fine.

Also I didn't use 1200mv on the settings above but 1030
It's an rm 850x corsair. It should be good to run this card at 300w but the card won't use any more than 250w.

He has a Nitro mine is only a reference card. Nonetheless it should be able to at least hit 1632 that's what the card is supposed to be designed to boost to.

Back
Top Bottom