*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
I don't think so. The only thing you have to be wary of is letting a maniac control the account. There are user levels involved so I think you have to give different people different amounts of power. I reckon Nintendo will shut this sort of thing down quite quickly once they realise that 8 thirty-somthing men are part of a "family".
Friend of mine seems to be "running" it and we're all admins. Can't see it going wrong :D

Soldato
So who's subbing up for the Online service today or tomorrow I think?

I barely use the system online but I'm half tempted for the NES games and the potential eshop discounts.

fez

fez

Caporegime
A we getting a new UI with the launch? Damn hate the one now.

Not as far as we know. Nintendo might blow all our minds with V6.0 of the OS but I would bet my house that it just enables the ability to use the online service and nothing else. They have told us what the new online will contain in a fair amount of detail.

Soldato
Eventually got round to testing it.

Comes with a usb a to c adaptor so you can use undocked also has button stickers to put on your controllers which is a nice touch.

Did a quick firmware update via USB on the PC

Put in the usb at the back of the dock and put it in purple led mode for Pro emulation, changed a setting in the switch dash and it paired the DS4 no problem.

X and O were the wrong way round for A/B but this can be changed with a button combo on the pad.

Played Mario Kart and is sublime, no noticeable lag.

Well worth the £19.99

Cheers for the feedback will definitely pick one up rather then another pro controller :D

Soldato
Clubbing together with a few mates to do the family plan, at the minute I’m the admin and I have invited everyone.

Should I make them all admin/parents in the settings? What difference does this make to them?

Soldato
talking about collections, thoughts on the Capcom one "Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle"?

The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle contains seven different brawler games from Capcom's past. The seven games included are:

Final Fight
Captain Commando
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Warriors of Fate
Armored Warriors
Battle Circuit

https://www.giantbomb.com/capcom-beat-em-up-bundle/3030-70251/

Associate
Nothing much new with the 6.0 update, but you can now sign-in with your Nintendo account on a second console and play your digital games.
Restrictions are that you can only use your main user profile to play on the secondary console, and you must have an active internet connection while playing. You can't play the same game simultaneously across multiple consoles.

You can also now de-activate your primary console via the Nintendo Account website once per year.
So no need to call Nintendo to get your account unlinked/moved anymore if your console breaks or gets stolen (unless you're unlucky and that happens twice in 1 year).

fez

fez

Caporegime
Is it just me or do cloud saves not work like they should. I have downloaded and opened the NES app and that has been added to the cloud saves list but every other game that supports it hasn't backed up. I have it enabled and set to auto save every game to the cloud.

Back
Top Bottom