Golf Thread

Associate
I Re-joined my Local golf Club this Feb after a 10 yr complete break from Golf, I played off of 4 when I Stopped. I started back with a 12 handicap and actually went up to 12.4 before it started coming down. Now at 8.4 Its still the hardest most frustrating game in the world, But there is still no better feeling than Bombing a Driver down the Fairway. Or Flushing a mid iron close to the Pin. In other Words In golf when it goes right It feels more rewarding than any other Sport i have played.

Such a lot Has changed also in the 10 yrs I was Away, We now have trackman Data which has revolutionised Teaching. Being able to see data about launch angles, Spin rate, impact, club path ETC is huge on helping you understand how you are swinging the club. I just wish I could afford to build my own little Trackman studio in the garden lol.

The other biggest change is all the GPS watches and Range finders, I have a Range finder and it has really improved my Distance control, Especially from 120yrs in. I am getting pin high a lot more because I am swinging to a number, rather than before guessing a rough number and eyeballing it.

I'm so glad I started playing again It does me the world of good getting out 4 or 5 days a week, I wish I never stopped now, But then there were health issues that played a part in that.

Soldato
Hatton is the one most likely to implode imo. Wouldn't want to be his partner.

Rahm is a very fiery character as well, he gets really down on himself if he's not playing well. Hopefully Hatton gets paired with Rose and Rahm is paired with Garcia, the more experienced players will help to keep Hatton and Rahm's heads in the game if things aren't going to plan.

Soldato
10 million. jeez

Golf is some crack, you can be old, young, slim, slightly large and still grab the most crazy pay days ever

I really like it for this, you dont need to be a young specimen, you can play for many many years

Soldato
Crazy scenes at the end there with the crowd following Woods and McIlroy up the 18th and I'm delighted Tiger won the tournament and that Rose won the Fedex Cup. Having said that, the 'USA' chants are incredibly obnoxious.

Caporegime
So pleased Tiger back to winning ways, last few tournaments he’s been in the hunt but today he finally broke his winless run.

So awesome to see him, one of my favourite golfers win finally after all the horrendous injuries he has suffered.

Now he just needs to do it next week in the Ryder Cup ;).

Soldato
Some interesting pairings for the opening fourballs:

fodMt80QLaeXqs3h3qef_fourballs.JPG

Back
Top Bottom