• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Caporegime
I dont even get the pre order vs stock price for ocuk, its pretty farcical the cost of supplying the product is the same in both cases.

They are hoping impatient people pay over the odds to get one straight away.

And judging by the previous stock that sold out at inflated prices, they aren't wrong :(

OCUK are a business at the end of the day, if I was in Gibbo's position I would probably do the same.

As a customer though, it's baaaad.

Soldato
Doesn't seem worth the bother with these, they are already far cooler than any previous Nvidia card and they are power limited when it comes to overclocking

Indeed. It's the power limit which renders WC'ing utterly pointless on the 20xx series. It's only worth doing if you desire a super quiet build, so it simply comes down to a question of whether that's worth the extra to someone or not, because a quieter GPU is ALL they will be getting.

I've seen the question raised as to why Nvidia have limited the power as much as they have, given it's not at all necessary, and it certainly raises an eyebrow. They've gimped it, which is even more bizarre in light of their "built for overclocking" claims. It makes no sense. :confused:

Caporegime
I've seen the question raised as to why Nvidia have limited the power as much as they have, given it's not at all necessary, and it certainly raises an eyebrow. They've gimped it, which is even more bizarre in light of their "built for overclocking" claims. It makes no sense. :confused:

They wanted to do an AMD "overclockers dream" launch. :p

Man of Honour

unrestricted Titan T on the way for £2k ;)

Soldato
Probably.

With HBM2 memory as well.

No they wouldn't go HMB otherwise they would have done so on the quadro cards. If you want to see what a Titan-RTX would look like, just look at the quadro RTX 8000, chop off 24GB of RAM and increase the clocks slightly.

Which is essentially an RTX 6000 with a slightly higher clock.

HBM2 seems dead in the water at the moment given that it's very expensive, needs to be bonded onto the same substrate as the core, and isn't outperforming GDDR6 as far as I can see.

Edit: Seems HMB2 slightly outclasses GDDR6, the TitanV has 652.8GB/s memory bandwidth vs 2080Ti with 616GB/s still the cost is far too high.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom