• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
I wouldn’t read to much into the voltage reading. I’m sure that was set to 1250mv but hwinfo had a known issue back then reading correctly until newer versions got released to fix it.

And yeah, If you look at rig in sig, you can see the custom loop on the gpu. Ive a 360mm predator with 6 vardars in push/pull so it gets tons of cooling potential. When I game I run them at 1200rpm, when I bench I run them at 1800rpm, bloody noisy that though. I very rarely see my core or hbm temps push past 40c when I game. Like I said start of page, im happy with 1700/1100 with real low voltage and real low temps.

Anything over 26k is a monster GFX Score to be fair mate.

Even if the voltage reading might have been incorrect, to get that clockspeed is brilliant silicon. And Yeah that's some nice cooling, temps like that and little cooling noise is my preference too.

Soldato
@Davedree post your 26979 gfx run mate, that’s the best here. I think mine was 200 less than that at 1750/1120. Might play again sometime this week, be nice to break 27k.

I've got a 27095 with the hbm at 1150mhz but I don't want to post it until I try and tweak this lc64 a little more, or before I consider swapping the cooler over onto the p64..

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/29439713?

Permabanned
Flashed an LC bios on to mine about 2 weeks after launch, but I did wait till after I put it in my custom loop before doing so. It's a painless process, really straight forward. It gave me about 100mhz extra on the clock before it crashed. I couldn't get past 1700mhz on the original bios and that was even with it in the loop. Flashed the lc bios onto it and got just shy of 1800mhz.

It was worth doing then, I think the Red Devil has a dual bios, I'll have to check.

Soldato
It was worth doing then, I think the Red Devil has a dual bios, I'll have to check.

If you succeed let me know :D

Tbh something wrong with the Nitro cannot explain it otherwise.
I drop the temps to sub 30C over the weekend (9C outside so room was cold), added power all way to 1275mv.
Nada. It will either crash or it will be stuck at 1710Mhz and while it is operating at 1710core & 1100 HBM, yet it's performance tanks compared to lesser speeds and power.

Trying the soft power tables even the one for the Nitro results to no gains, while those settings seems doesn't like adrenaline drivers at all, as the GUI graphics are corrupted :(

Soldato
was giving me around 1705mhz actual, I guess I could run 1150mv or even higher to get the core hitting closer to 1750mhz, might be something to look at further down the line when I try and chase 28k :p:D I just like to keep my wattage in check, I like 270w and try and maximise speed at that wattage.

Nah. Nitro will crash with such settings.

Soldato
was giving me around 1705mhz actual, I guess I could run 1150mv or even higher to get the core hitting closer to 1750mhz, might be something to look at further down the line when I try and chase 28k :p:D I just like to keep my wattage in check, I like 270w and try and maximise speed at that wattage.

Fantastic, congratulations getting your 27k.
You'll be onto 27.5 then onto 28k. ;)

Back
Top Bottom