Beerwulf - cheap online beer shop (well, for Belgian beers at least)

Associate
Yes Tesco have stocked Delirium and regular Duvel for quite a while now which is great. Nice to see they seem to be expanding the range of Belgian beers. Tripel Karmeliet would be good although that is usually available at Waitrose. Have fun in Amsterdam, great city!

Soldato
They've done Delirium, Duvel and Westmalle Dubbel for a while. I think also Chimay Red (but it's not a great Chimay).

I really like the Gulden Draaks that came in those LIDL packs.

I had a few given to me recently by a work colleague who went to Belgium. 5 I've not tried before!

xzb4RlMh.jpg

Permabanned
Went to Bruges a few weeks ago for 5 days and got to try a lot of the beers I'd been importing on tap.

Wish I could list all the ones I'd tried but after the 4th pint of 8% beer you just sort of forget about such trivial things as lists xD

I do remember a personal favourite I'd not tried before being Bourgagne Des Flandres. Really beautiful, thick and fruity ale that I was necking whilst eating.

Obviously drank all the usual suspects (Westmalle, Chimay, Orval, Rochefort etc.). Got silly on Brugse Zot one evening. A waiter walked past us and said ''You'll want to be careful with that stuff, it'll send you a bit loopy" and sure enough... Never had a hangover quite like it before. Woke up in the morning and was continuously vomiting (from both ends...). Lost a whole day to that hangover pretty much.

Beautiful city though and anyone who's a fan of beer needs to go there.

Associate
Gotta say Beerwulf is a revelation. Nowhere locally does anything other Duval and Leffe, which is fine (prefer the Leffe brun but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack sometimes) but St bernardus and Rochefort - all strengths - are two favourites but again I just don't see them.

Associate
The Duvel Tripel Hop Citra, now available in Tesco, is very different to the regular Duvel. If you like Leffe Brune you may also like Westmalle Dubbel also available there.

Soldato
I do like Bruges but i prefer Gent. Must make a trip back to sample the beers on tap again :D.

Has anyone been to Southern Belgium? Would likr to try Leige one day.

Soldato
Excellent Delerium glass. Mine was different but i broke it :(

Just ordered a black fridge "Mystery Box" Was £25 inc delivery for 20 beers. They gave me a £7.50 voucher for friends as a referral link to o so if anyone wants a discount give me a shout (presume you'd need to use a different email for those of you who have ordered before)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Oops 2 Mystery boxes on the way xD

Cheers dude

Will be interested in seeing what different bottles appear
As long as there's a good selection I really don't mind, I favour darker and higher ABV ales but am getting on well with some Saisons and IPA's now too. Sours are always interesting

Back
Top Bottom