• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Associate
My Zotac 2080to amp had for 2 weeks started fine but few days ago started crashing and now getting artifacts all over screen, reinstalling drivers etc etc with no joy, so will be RMA tomorrow hopefully a d I’ll be requesting a different brand if I can if not I’ll just get a replacement

Soldato
My Zotac 2080to amp had for 2 weeks started fine but few days ago started crashing and now getting artifacts all over screen, reinstalling drivers etc etc with no joy, so will be RMA tomorrow hopefully a d I’ll be requesting a different brand if I can if not I’ll just get a replacement

Awk come on plz I wanted a zotac this round is defo me out now
Do you have the details so I can put your card on the list.

Yes mate gigabyte arous 2080ti extreme no OC on Card.

Man of Honour
OP

Awk come on plz I wanted a zotac this round is defo me out now

Yes mate gigabyte arous 2080ti extreme no OC on Card.

Both cards added to the OP list.

Hope everything goes quickly and well with the RMA.

Associate
2x MSI RTX 2080 Duke cards RMA'ed on the 3rd card now that lives sofar. Issues with the two first one was screen artifacting with blinking stars in all colours - like on a christmas tree and then it would crash to black screen.

And a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC that suddenly became a "space invader edition" card.

So for me it's has been a total of 4 failed RTX cards within a months time (RTX 2080Ti/2080/2070).

Soldato
2x MSI RTX 2080 Duke cards RMA'ed on the 3rd card now that lives sofar. Issues with the two first one was screen artifacting with blinking stars in all colours - like on a christmas tree and then it would crash to black screen.

And a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC that suddenly became a "space invader edition" card.

So for me it's has been a total of 4 failed RTX cards within a months time (RTX 2080Ti/2080/2070).

This is insane NVIDIA need to get this rectified soon hopefully my new Ventus will be better .

Caporegime
Does anyone know what part of the card fails to cause the space invaders type artefacts?

Allegedly ram but highly doubting 2 ram manufacturers are sending dodgy ram to nvidia. If these are supposedly "test boards" that got into retail (cough bs cough) then it could really be any part of the card.

Man of Honour
OP
Allegedly ram but highly doubting 2 ram manufacturers are sending dodgy ram to nvidia. If these are supposedly "test boards" that got into retail (cough bs cough) then it could really be any part of the card.

I don't think it is RAM as the artefacts are always spread evenly across the screen on all the examples I have seen.

Also if it was RAM why are the artefacts always space invader types?

Whatever it is it seems to be something that has a global effect, it could even be a dodgy batch of GPU chips.

Caporegime
I don't think it is RAM as the artefacts are always spread evenly across the screen on all the examples I have seen.

Also if it was RAM why are the artefacts always space invader types?

Whatever it is it seems to be something that has a global effect, it could even be a dodgy batch of GPU chips.

Well if we're waiting on nvidia telling us the truth we may as well wait til doomsday. They're peddling this "small amount of test boards" ******** even though it affects cards not using their pcb. Gamers nexus was speculating it could well be an issue in the gpu silicon as well.

Man of Honour
OP
Well if we're waiting on nvidia telling us the truth we may as well wait til doomsday. They're peddling this "small amount of test boards" ******** even though it affects cards not using their pcb. Gamers nexus was speculating it could well be an issue in the gpu silicon as well.

I think it could be the GPU silicon as the 2080 and 2070 also use the same GDDR6 memory and have much lower failure rates.

Associate
I'm having the same issues (minus the artifact space invaders) on my new ASUS ROG Strix 2080 Ti.

The Nvidia driver nvlddmkm crashes every few minutes under any kind of load on a regular basis. It does recover but obviously it makes gaming useless. Games lock up for 3-5 seconds and then resume as if nothing happened.
The card itself is overclocked by default from Asus, and I've not touched that myself due to hearing rumours about issues with it. There are suggestions to lower the OC manually, but I don't want to affect the warranty with that.
I've completely uninstalled the graphics drivers using DDU, reinstalled, tried all versions since the ROG Strix 2080 Ti came out but nothing seems to work.
Re-seating physically doesn't help either, and an old Nvidia/Windows registry fix to increase the timeout value on the driver crash doesn't help and that had a lot of promising feedback.

Contacted ASUS with evidence and screenshots, and immediately they've asked me to RMA, via OC UK. Guess I'm going to be without the card for at least 2-3 weeks now. Just wondering now whether to bother getting another replacement 2080 Ti or drop to a 1080 Ti? Any suggestions welcome. I'm not happy having spent £1,500 on a graphics card to end up with constant issues with it. It lets down the rest of the machine which is an absolute beast. Disappointing that spending so much money results in such shoddy quality control.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot about this thread. My replacement (second) 2080Ti also failed after about 5 weeks.

Installed 8 November.
Artifacted 13 December.
S/N: 03242...
Refund requested 13 December. And nothing heard since from nVidia (as usual). Will follow up when I'm back from my hols.

Soldato
Forgot about this thread. My replacement (second) 2080Ti also failed after about 5 weeks.

Installed 8 November.
Artifacted 13 December.
S/N: 03242...
Refund requested 13 December. And nothing heard since from nVidia (as usual). Will follow up when I'm back from my hols.
I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping you'd have better luck with the replacement. There's absolutely no way this card has a 1% failure rate.

Associate
2nd Inno3d 2080ti card just failed this morning. Great white splotches and then card hangs.

First one was coloured speckles all over. Previously, card was running at 93c all the time, with the new one, set-up a very loud fan profile for 73c max. Still failed.

Grr .... going back but the week turn around for new card will be rather annoying. Not sure whether to give up on these now.

Man of Honour
OP
2nd Inno3d 2080ti card just failed this morning. Great white splotches and then card hangs.

First one was coloured speckles all over. Previously, card was running at 93c all the time, with the new one, set-up a very loud fan profile for 73c max. Still failed.

Grr .... going back but the week turn around for new card will be rather annoying. Not sure whether to give up on these now.

Thread updated.

Have you considered trying a different 2080 Ti?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Mine gone pop this morning after about a month.

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3

It crashed playing Apex Legends last night, since booting it this morning the card is showing a error code 43 in device manager and the card won't display a resolution over 1024 x 768.

I've tested very thing from changing the drivers, fresh install of windows, testing the MB on different BIOS versions and also the different BIOS's on the card. All changes net the same set of results.

As per the pictures below:

NAeT9or.png
ifoLhxe.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom