1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you RMA your 20XX card, if so please post the details.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kaapstad, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Hope all goes well with the RMA.

Added to the list.

2. bluebird

Associate

Usual no nonsense RMA from OC. Card in work waiting me to get in and retrieve :)

3. scubes

Wise Guy

I’m gettin really nervous now my card should be with me this week after waiting so long. I hope it works if not back it goes.

4. beany_bot

Mobster

What on earth is going on? Why is there an RMA thread. Have I missed something?

5. arc@css

Caporegime

Some of the 2080Ti cards have run into thermal problems.

6. subbytna

Sgarrista

He needs another thread in the graphics section, some of his other threads vanished to page 2 and he needs to see his name more again in page 1 :p

7. beany_bot

Mobster

huh?

8. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Edit

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  9. ltron

Wise Guy

Here is Nvidia's official statement on their forums: 'Limited test escapes from early boards caused the issues some customers have experienced with RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition. We stand ready to help any customers who are experiencing problems.'. https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ries/rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition-contact-us/

10. NeoVo

Hitman

My Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti (arrived 10 days ago) started playing up today.
    I applied the gigabyte bios update for the GPU on day 1, no problems until today.

Black screens started to appear in games, causing them to crash. Frequently the game audio could be heard still going on in the background. More often then not; task manager wasn't available to end task resulting in the need to hard reboot.
    On occasions my machine would restart then at the windows login screen; black screen would occur followed by no signal messages (both screens).

Safe mode was accessible so I tried to revert the driver; to no avail.

Plugged my gtx 980ti back in, back in business.
    Plugged rtx 2080ti back in, after reseating this appeared to work normally for 2 hours before black screens/hard resets.

I also had a GPU/ no signal crash using Excel!

Gamers Nexus has uploaded a video explaining that this appears to be widely reported on higher refresh rate monitors (G sync and non g sync) and multi monitor setups (I have both).
    I updated my Aorus RGB software from v1.46 to v1.47 (now that I think of this I'm thinking this could be a likely contribute); I will uninstall this tomorrow and give it another try before RMA'ing.

11. scubes

Wise Guy

I’m in the process of a rma gonna pack it up tomorrow and get rma details send it back donno wot to do now get another card for it to do the same Can’t believe this at all ....

12. scubes

Wise Guy

Playin cod wwii game was still on but there was no sound ...

13. NeoVo

Hitman

I RMA'd my Gigabyte Gaming rtx 2080ti middle of last week; Refund ackowledgement was processed promptly - funds yet to reach my account.

Nvidia have apparently admitted fault with the founders edition card, of which mine isnt. Maybe just bad luck?

14. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Very sorry to hear about your card.

OP list updated.

15. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Do you have the details so I can put your card on the list.

16. chaparral

Capodecina

Also be interested in how long it takes for these members with faulty cards to receive a replacement card due to the very limited supply of 2080ti cards..

17. NeoVo

Hitman

The competitor (beginning with C, ending in L) didn't give me the option of replacement, just refunded the full amount.
    At the time it was approved, they had zero stock of the card I purchased.

Can't fault the speed they processed it, though another option would have been nice..

I'm going to wait for the MSI 2080ti's to become widely available then buy one of those next. Back to the 980ti for now.

18. scubes

Wise Guy

I’m sending my gigabyte arous back not happy with it at all just crashes and black screens .might try another brand .

19. Gerard

Caporegime

Hope you get a good one after the run around you've had as of late.

20. scubes

Wise Guy

Thank you mate I can’t do anymore I’ve formatted driver after driver changes fed up to be honest might go for a zotac . And if it’s the same gonna sit this round out .