• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Ryzen 5 3500U https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-3500u

4 core 8 Thread, 15 TDP, 8 Vega CUs too, that's 512 Shader Units, that will monster even Intel's mainstream iGPU's let alone the low power ones.

Brilliant, who's talking GPU performance though? What kind of upgrade is this for work from Intel i7 4xxx and newer CPUs? Is everyone drunk from NYE still? Point is, anything better from AMD requires a GPU and there's next to no availability of from OEMs. All I said was that Ryzen would sell better if it had a tiny, TINY GPU and all the usual mob come out swinging without reading or even understanding what I wrote

Permabanned
A few weeks back, I published an exclusive telling you about AMD’s plan to launch Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, APUs, and a next-gen graphics card, and I wanted to follow up on it with some more details regarding the process node – fresh from a source inside the company. It’s worth noting that part of my report has already come true (namely AMD’s Ryzen 3000 series mobility processors) and I am pleased to say that I have more details before the big event tomorrow. Here is what AMD will be talking about in their keynote.

AMD CES 2019: 7nm products (soft) launch with availability sometime in Q2 2019, planning to be first-to-market with 7nm
AMD will be soft launching (read: announcing) at least two 7nm product lineups. The first one is the 7nm Ryzen 3000 next-generation series (yeah that’s different from the 12nm variants) and the other is the consumer variant of their 7nm Vega GPU – which has been codenamed Radeon Vega II (although AMD might decide to christen that something else externally). From what I have heard this will be just a soft launch with the actual availability planned for sometime in Q2 2019. AMD is very excited about these products and believes it can be the first to market with 7nm SKUs.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-follow-up-on-amds-agenda-for-ces-2019/

Soldato
If WCCFTech are correct then it's been a rollercoaster ride for a 7nm Vega consumer card - yes, no, on, off, back on again. Maybe it's not a cut down Vega 20 after all? Maybe it's salvaged before HBM is strapped on? I can't see it being that good though, especially in the face of what the Navi RX 3080 is allegedly capable of.

I guess we'll find out!

Permabanned
HP do the 285 G3 with includes Ryzen APU which is their basic desktop model - hopefully AMD can make some inroads in the OEM market

Isn't accepting bribes as equal a crime as giving bribes? Normally, the one that accepts the bribe is punished. Why the OEMs never got multi-billion dollar fines from the respected institutions? :confused:

Tomorrow's gonna be a really interesting day! :D

Soldato
Wrong.
The new Ryzen 5 3500U is 100MHz up from Ryzen 5 2500U. Ryzen 5 2500U is one of the current fastest 15W CPU available right there.

No, this shows that the Ryzen and Intel CPU tie, as shown in the productivity tests. The PC Mark 10 Web Test composes of two graphics tests as well as CPU testing, hence the lead because AMD have the fastest integrated GPU. Obviously the Photoshop score is also leveraged by the GPU.

Soldato
Point is, anything better from AMD requires a GPU and there's next to no availability of from OEMs. All I said was that Ryzen would sell better if it had a tiny, TINY GPU and all the usual mob come out swinging without reading or even understanding what I wrote

Both the Ryzen 3 & 5 have an integrated GPU option. It's a waste including a GPU in ALL CPUs because some people would rather use a dedicated card. I myself would prefer not to pay extra for my CPU because of an included GPU that I'm not going to use. Granted, the Ryzen 7 doesn't have an integrated GPU but if you're paying money for that level of performance, then a little bit extra for a GPU would be a smaller percentage of the budget for the whole build compared with the Ryzen 3 & 5 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom