Dirt Rally 2.0

Associate

Sounds as though it's a case of two steps forward, one step back. Not one I'll be adding to my collection unless they change their mind and add VR support.

Soldato
No vr no buy.

I would love to know how many forum members actually have VR.

Would like to try before you buy as users can suffer Nausea, dizziness and in some cases does not go away with use.

VR has not sold like the manufactures thought so game developers must take this into consideration when producing a game.

3D monitors was supposed to be the big game changer.

You say no vr no buy does that go for all your games now, if so that must surely limit your choice of games to buy?

Soldato
The gameplays and some impressions make me feel like it's Dirt 4 2.0, hope I'm wrong on that. Though, if they're going to give us six countries with only one or two stages per location again then I'd rather wait for WRC8.

WRC7 was really good and a lot better than Dirt 4, if 8 is better and has more stages of similar quality, then it's going to be great.

Soldato
I would love to know how many forum members actually have VR.

Would like to try before you buy as users can suffer Nausea, dizziness and in some cases does not go away with use.

VR has not sold like the manufactures thought so game developers must take this into consideration when producing a game.

3D monitors was supposed to be the big game changer.

You say no vr no buy does that go for all your games now, if so that must surely limit your choice of games to buy?

Vr is a big thing in the simracing community nearly every driving game now has vr support not sure why codemasters are refusing to implement it into their titles?
3d monitors and vr are totally different beasts, 3d monitors are still just monitors but with vr you feel like you are actually in the car, you need to experience it really to know how it feels.
I haven't played a game on a monitor in years, i did try f1 2018 but staring at a monitor just doesn't have the same immersion as vr. Not saying all games are better in vr but for me if a game has you sat in a cockpit then its no vr no buy.

Soldato
Vr is a big thing in the simracing community nearly every driving game now has vr support not sure why codemasters are refusing to implement it into their titles?
3d monitors and vr are totally different beasts, 3d monitors are still just monitors but with vr you feel like you are actually in the car, you need to experience it really to know how it feels.
I haven't played a game on a monitor in years, i did try f1 2018 but staring at a monitor just doesn't have the same immersion as vr. Not saying all games are better in vr but for me if a game has you sat in a cockpit then its no vr no buy.

Glad to hear most driving games have VR support, but how many simracers have a VR headset?

Lets hope they implement it later.

Yes l know 3D and VR are like night and day, l was using it to prove a point 3D monitors did not sell well.

As l said would love to try it myself its a pity you can't rent a VR headset to try it out.

Caporegime
OP
limiting yourself to not buy a great game cause its not vr isnt great. basically you have to accept VR isnt mainstream and until it is most titles wont cater for it. the thing dirt rally didnt have vr until late in the day. so you shouldnt expect it for dirt rally 2.0 until its added or maybe added. WRC 8 also doesnt have VR. total number of VR players wont even be one percent. yet everyone jumps on the VR wont buy band wagon. yet most will buy it.

i understand why people with VR want it added but also people also need to understand or accept hardly anyone of the playerbase for any driving game plays in VR. so you should see it as a bonus if its added not a must.

played some more yesterday got a really big surprise and just made me smile from ear to ear. not long now !

Soldato
To be fair it's only the more commercial casual games that don't cater to VR, nearly all the simulation market is covered and has sizeable percentage of VR users that are ever growing, ever more so with more higher definition HMD coming to market.

The discourse between DR and VR stems from it's bordering pretence to plant itself in the simulator market, which is very much expectant to have VR included. Codemasters however are very much a casual consumer company, and their product needs to cater as such. Judging from various podcast interviews from ex employ's of the company, the financial stability of the company demands they sell in high quantity, and as such the games are compromised to make them more accessible to that market.

DR was very much a unique product not born of the normal Codemasters mantra, it attracted an audience beyond the casual consumer, it'll be very telling in to which way DR2 swings. I spose it all depends on how well F1 2019 did for them in that decision, and if or not they feel that there's enough of the DR owners base on board with a full on same experience that the original offered.

Personally I see DR2 as more of the same, perhaps a more personal guided engaging progression system to cater to the casual element, and much welcome new tracks.

Lastly lets not tread on eggshells, we know VR only came to the original DR due to the financial support of signed exclusivity deals, and Codemasters PR speak from either themselves or those that represent them in the community of 'down the line' and 'demand' are in reality are either external finance forthcoming or due to an spike in the VR market making the financials viable.

The 'No buy Meme' is beyond me, the superior product will continue to be the original because of the way I can experience it. Not so much a no buy, more a no interest.

Soldato
oculus were the main supporter for VR in dirt rally. im sure people just make it up for the lols.

Codemasters are what they are, like I said in my post. Credit to them though, admitting that Oculus are funding VR like before, and not claiming it to be 'we listen' 'we care'.

Back
Top Bottom