**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Does the Smart Switch app move WhatsApp data across correctly, e.g including conversation history - or do you still need to do the manual backup of the db crypt files?

From my experience it didn't even "move" the app itself, I had to reinstall this manually from the store. So you will have do manual backup and restore.

The Smart Switch app is bit crap to be honest. It hardly moves any apps with the data as well and I had only one app which had existing data. Everything else I had to do again or re-sign in again.

Associate
From my experience it didn't even "move" the app itself, I had to reinstall this manually from the store. So you will have do manual backup and restore.

The Smart Switch app is bit crap to be honest. It hardly moves any apps with the data as well and I had only one app which had existing data. Everything else I had to do again or re-sign in again.

That's what I feared would be the case. It's a shame that there still isn't a really solid backup/restore process for Android (or even just Samsung Android phones) that doesn't require rooting a device. Apps that don't make use of a cloud backup or the proper Android game progress mechanisms can then only really be restored unreliably by using Carbon.

Apple's backup/restore to move between devices is so slick and has been for years as far as I can tell.

Soldato
Received my confirmation email from initial claim for the buds, around 24 hours after i submitted it.

They say they will be in contact within 7 days to confirm allocation

They must have quite a lot of claims to go through :)

Soldato
Received my confirmation email from initial claim for the buds, around 24 hours after i submitted it.

They say they will be in contact within 7 days to confirm allocation

They must have quite a lot of claims to go through :)

Same, 24 hours just received the email.

I chanced it and used a screenshot of my EE order process / number as I didn't have an invoice to attach. Just have to wait and see if it works out.

Associate
Are people keeping the supplied screen protector on? Do you think that's dulling the colour some of you mentioned ?

I'm keeping mine on. Hardly notice it. I just ramp the brightness up. Don't think the screen is just as rich as my S7 even with vivid option selected. Hopefully a software update will give us more options.

Battery life not great so far but hoping it improves over the next few days. Dropped 30% in last two hours where I've been on setting things up flicking through web pages music and photos.

Back
Top Bottom