**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I just turn the 'work' SIM off on my S10e on days off.
Ah cool it's on the E as well.

Yeah but I would have to have my email and some apps specific to work which I wouldn't want bothering me. I say bother, the temptation to check work emails when you see an email which you know will put you in a bad mood. If Samsung allowed profiles then I could separate that and basically close off those apps/emails when not at work.

Associate
How many people have their buds?

I got my order verified about three days after release but I've heard nothing since.

I eventually got my buds yesterday as they tried to deliver to work on a Saturday. Had to go online to arrange redelivery expecting it to be Monday but only Tuesday was given. You should receive an email saying despatched plus tracking from DX delivery. Mine were in the Samsung box, in a plastic bag and then a jiffy bag outer packing.
On connection it did a small approx. 1.5mb update for the buds which took a few minutes. Then messing about finding what's comfortable for your ears with the supplied bits.

Soldato
They any good?

Checking my status just shows verified and to be dispatched within 30 days. Waiting game I guess.

You'll get a random email from DX when they are shipped, won't even mention it's the buds but it mentioned that courier during the process.

I'm finding them really great in all honesty, been out for a run with them in and they are a solid and comfortable fit and at least enough sound so you're very much aware of whats around you. Sound quality is fine, loud enough as well...I wasn't intending on holding onto them but they are really good.

Man of Honour
Got my S10e from HK today, no customs fees to pay, so an absolute bargain at £489 really. SD855 variant but what I thought was interesting was mine came with a Samsung slim case:

S10e_case.gif

S10e_case_2.gif

It reminds me very much of that holepunched case Samsung sold with the Galaxy SII back in the day. It also came with screen protector pre-applied. The box also contained a UK power adapter which was rather nice.

The one difference I've noticed by having the HK phone is that Samsung Pay seems to think I'm in HK so when I try to add loyalty cards, it is looking for stores in HK! I can of course add cards manually.

I guess what I should have done first off is install the BTU firmware with CSC using Odin. No big bother, my cards are in Google Pay anyway and I will just add them into Samsung Pay later manually.

Soldato
Not been to HK I take it mrk? As a former British colony they have the same power socket:p

Looks amazing. I haven't owned a Samsung since my SII so looking forward to receiving my S10!

Associate
Got my S10e from HK today, no customs fees to pay, so an absolute bargain at £489 really. SD855 variant but what I thought was interesting was mine came with a Samsung slim case:

S10e_case.gif

S10e_case_2.gif

It reminds me very much of that holepunched case Samsung sold with the Galaxy SII back in the day. It also came with screen protector pre-applied. The box also contained a UK power adapter which was rather nice.

The one difference I've noticed by having the HK phone is that Samsung Pay seems to think I'm in HK so when I try to add loyalty cards, it is looking for stores in HK! I can of course add cards manually.

I guess what I should have done first off is install the BTU firmware with CSC using Odin. No big bother, my cards are in Google Pay anyway and I will just add them into Samsung Pay later manually.

I'm guessing you bought it from eGlobal? Can you flash a BTU firmware as I thought it's only for Exynos models?

Man of Honour
@mrk would you mind checking if Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE work if your network supports them?

Sadly virgin Mobile don't support either so I cannot test.

I'm guessing you bought it from eGlobal? Can you flash a BTU firmware as I thought it's only for Exynos models?

Ahh yes you are right, saved my bacon there :o

Guess I'll simply use Google Pay then and await HK OTA updates as and when.

No huge bother, as Google Pay is more widely supported by other apps I use like Shell petrol app and so on.

Don't know if the 4K option is available yet in this video, but the wide angle lens does a fine job TBH. Just a shame you cannot switch between lenses when using 60fps recording.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wasn't sure if I'm imagining it, but recently I noticed that the fingerprint reader is extremely slow. There is sometimes over 1 second delay, to the point I don't know if I pressed it or not. If this phone didn't have such a good looking screen it would have been a deal breaker.

I wish the S10+ had same finger reader as the S10e.

I managed to fix my very slow fingerprint reader. I had battery saving on and it was set it to 'auto optimise'. Turned it off and set it high performance and its much quicker now.

Soldato
@mrk would you mind checking if Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE work if your network supports them?

Going to HK on business soon and I might pick up an S10 whilst I'm there. Hoping it will work with Wi-Fi calling on EE, but can't seem to find any info suggesting whether it will or not...

Anyone tried it?

Back
Top Bottom