• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Yeah, it will be very exciting to see a 6nm/7nm AMD Laptop setup next year both with small NAVI on-chip for mild gaming and additional NAVI discrete options? It could be vastly superior to the current Intel/Nvidia fudge because AMD can already blow away the Intel integrated shambles and it would also be easier for them to integrate the driver for the Discrete card (gulp).

Need more GPU power? no problem lets just plug in a full NAVI desktop card in using a TB3 port.

Associate
Whats interesting is that we haven't actually seen any leaks on performance, I'm not interested in speculation since they go all over the place but most leaks, and I mean like 90% of them these past few years have remained true on release.

bru

bru

Soldato
But Navi 20 is only launching in 2020 right?

Supposedly we get Navi 10 (little Navi) this year performing somewhere up to Vega performance.
And Navi 20 (big Navi) next year performing better than Vega.

How much and exactly when we still have no idea. But latest guesses put an announcement at possibly about 3 weeks away at computex where Dr Lisa Su has said she will talk about AMD's new products.
Whether that is a heres what is coming up soon, or a proper launch we just don't know yet.

Soldato
What do you expect from a company that faced bankruptcy for so long?

For every overblown expectation on what Navi can do, there's an equal overblown expectation of what AMD can do.
Well they pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Ryzen which delighted me. You're right though, the enthusiast side of me is frustrated but thinking rationally I believe Lisa Su made the right decisions to save the company and is a brilliant CEO.

AMD are in the big cloud gaming platforms anyway which is a massive win and could be the future of gaming. Discrete GPUs may not matter for much longer and even when they had the superior product in the past most people bought Nvidia anyway, so why waste resources?

Soldato
Atm "1080Ti performance" is more expensive in Nvidia products, than the original GTX1080Ti was in August-September 2017
Spare the trolling.
I'm not trolling, just frustrated. Anyway I believe AMD are making the right decisions in order to thrive, see the post above this one.

Back
Top Bottom