Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I've just watched this guy's analysis and find it hard to disagree...
But I really do need to stop seeking online counselling for my GoT problems. It's going to take months for Google to stop recommending me GoT commentaries, which wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't watched most of them already. It's the TV equivalent of locking yourself in your bedroom listening to miserable songs after a breakup.

But here's one for Greyworm anyway. Chin up, fella... you should've died at Winterfell anyway.

Associate
When Bronn came in and threatened Jamie and Tyrion why did they not just shout GUARDS or when he was leaving get to the door and shout Guards arrest that man or are they that stupid in Winterfell that they let a strange man walk about with a crossbow and not be suspicious.

Man of Honour
When Bronn came in and threatened Jamie and Tyrion why did they not just shout GUARDS or when he was leaving get to the door and shout Guards arrest that man or are they that stupid in Winterfell that they let a strange man walk about with a crossbow and not be suspicious.

No, according to the people defending it there was nothing wrong with episode 4 :D

A theory I just read suggests that some more dragons are about to be introduced, a clue being on one of the swords in the opening credits

Hopefully, that would be fun.

Soldato

They were at the inn at the crossroads, not Winterfell. The scene was still poor though.

Soldato
Now that the action is centred around King's Landing, will we even see Sansa, Bran and Winterfell again in a meaningful way i.e as a plot point rather than during the wrap-up at the end?

Soldato
Now that the action is centred around King's Landing, will we even see Sansa, Bran and Winterfell again in a meaningful way i.e as a plot point rather than during the wrap-up at the end?
One of Euron's shots will misfire and skewer them through an open window at Winterfell while they're lined up at dinner.

D&D: "Sansa forgot to shut the window."

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You’re welcome to discuss episode leaks BUT these must be in spoiler tags and labelled properly e.g

Insert spoilerific text here. I like turtles

Soldato
Why is everything so black and white, good vs evil now? There's no mystery, no intracate politics, and no soul any more. The world just feels incredibly small.

I feel more cheated with this than any other TV show that lost the plot (Lost, I'm looking at you).

Soldato
No they weren't. The scene with Bronn was before Jaime's final scene with Brienne and they were definitely in Winterfell at that point.

Right, not that specific inn which is miles away. But they were in an inn, just outside Winterfell. The image is dark, but you can see WF on the hill in the background, just above the heads of the two extras.

miNLcgu.jpg

Point is, it wasn't in Winterfell where they were confronted by Bronn.

Soldato
Why is everything so black and white, good vs evil now?
They're in wrap-up mode, which is all about ironing out the plot wrinkles and introducing no new complications. If they'd made this series about the Night King and another series, slowly winding us down to 'unhappily every after' via King's Landing, they might have managed a successful dismount. But too much to do, too little time, and nowhere near enough writing talent to pull off such an ambitious plan.

Perhaps it was always going to be the way, given that Martin is responsible for the ingredients which made the show successful. Ultimately we have to put the blame on him for getting distracted... probably partially by the show's incredible TV success. That would go to anyone's head, I'm sure.

I'm into the 'acceptance' phase of my grief now... I think. Famous last words. :) We were lucky to get what we got, now the fun is in seeing just how silly things have to get before it's all over.

But they were in an inn, just outside Winterfell.
But the trouble with that is the location makes no sense other than to get the writers out of the 'how did Bron get into Winterfell with a blummin big crossbow?' problem. It was a clumsy scene from start to finish, and Bron deserved better.

Such is the Game of Moans though. They've given us plenty to yak about, so we should be grateful for that at least.

Back
Top Bottom