• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Yup, if that's accurate it all comes down to pricing. Especially if the rumours of Nvidia price drops are true... Otherwise as you say why not just get an already available 2070 with RT...
And if they drop the price of the 2070 and replace it with a 2070 SUPER with %10 performance at the same old 2070 price , the Navi will be matching something that is faster than itself

It all boils down to this moment AMD , make it cheaper, nvidia will lower the 2070 price to match it and top it with a 2070 super, its dangerous times!!

Permabanned
Have people not yet learned about AMD card releases.....everyone expects them to be the champion of bargains, they always end up being "what the hell! thats £200 too much for that performance", then 6 months later they are in the bargain bin and are actually a decent purchase.

Caporegime
So judging from that slide it is basically ~ 2070 performance, possibly just edging it on average by a few percent.

It is going to be all about the price.

If it is under £300 i think they will be on to a winner. Anymore and its a massive disappointment quite frankly. If it more like around £400, why would you not just get the 2070? It has ray tracing and probably (just basing this on speculation) better power usage.

If it is under £300 i reckon i will get one.
Don't think there's any chance it will be under £300. £400 - £450 would be my guess, or even more, looking at current 2070 prices.

AMD are a "premium" brand now. They will not want to emphasise price, but instead features, perf.

Soldato
LMAO Radeon RX 5700 XT has dual 8 pin power connectors that on 7nm compared to RTX 2070 reference on 12nm has one 8 pin power connector.

RTX 2070 OC probably will able to match RX 5700 XT in Battlefield V and Metro Exodus.

RTX 2070 SUPER will use TU104 chip that will need dual 8 pin power connectors, it will compete with RX 5700 XT at $499 and RTX 2070 will have a price cut.

RX 5700 XT with dual 8 pin power connectors and $499 for reference and $599 for custom are DOA.

Associate
LMAO Radeon RX 5700 XT has dual 8 pin power connectors that on 7nm compared to RTX 2070 reference on 12nm has one 8 pin power connector.

RTX 2070 OC probably will able to match RX 5700 XT in Battlefield V and Metro Exodus.

RTX 2070 SUPER will use TU104 chip that will need dual 8 pin power connectors, it will compete with RX 5700 XT at $499 and RTX 2070 will have a price cut.

RX 5700 XT with dual 8 pin power connectors and $499 for reference and $599 for custom are DOA.

and an OC RX 5700 will probably beat the 2070 OC....

Soldato
Don't think there's any chance it will be under £300. £400 - £450 would be my guess, or even more, looking at current 2070 prices.

AMD are a "premium" brand now. They will not want to emphasise price, but instead features, perf.

As much as I want to buy an AMD card I can't see a compelling reason to buy 2070 performance for 2070 prices. My 1070 was cool, quiet and fairly quick. Navi will have to be a decent amount quicker to persuade me to buy.

I think you're right on the price but as others have said it won't sell at that price. I'll just wait it out for a better option from whichever camp delivers.

Caporegime
As much as I want to buy an AMD card I can't see a compelling reason to buy 2070 performance for 2070 prices. My 1070 was cool, quiet and fairly quick. Navi will have to be a decent amount quicker to persuade me to buy.

I think you're right on the price but as others have said it won't sell at that price. I'll just wait it out for a better option from whichever camp delivers.
Sadly I think it will (sell)...

nV are charging/selling their 2070 at £500+ 5700XT at £450 is pretty much where it should be to show people how serious they are about "not being a budget brand".

Doesn't mean you or I think they're "worth it" - clearly we don't - but I'm sure they will sell regardless.

e: Meanwhile, the 5th/9th/12th iteration of the 290/390/480/580 will probably be £200+ :p Because... newer features! And the same performance we've come to know and love/hate from a (low/mid) mid-range card :p

(I really, really hope not tho... it would be too funny and too sad if that were true.)

Soldato
Sadly I think it will (sell)...

nV are charging/selling their 2070 at £500+ 5700XT at £450 is pretty much where it should be to show people how serious they are about "not being a budget brand".

Doesn't mean you or I think they're "worth it" - clearly we don't - but I'm sure they will sell regardless.

e: Meanwhile, the 5th/9th/12th iteration of the 290/390/480/580 will probably be £200+ :p Because... newer features! And the same performance we've come to know and love/hate from a (low/mid) mid-range card :p

(I really, really hope not tho... it would be too funny and too sad if that were true.)

I think it's worse than that. Just looking around the RTX 2070 is going for £475+ now. If they price cut that AMD would have to be looking at sub £400 to be realistic. I suspect that they may not be, still it's easier to lower prices than raise them.

Associate
e: Meanwhile, the 5th/9th/12th iteration of the 290/390/480/580 will probably be £200+

AMD's track record suggests this may be the case. I mean who many times have we expected them to shake things up, only for them to let Nvidia continue to push the boundaries of stupid price-points. Moore's law really is dead. Pricing really will determine whether this is a flop or not.

I also 'hope not'. I'd like to potentially upgrade my rig this year or next year. Things are looking good for CPU choices, but I'll be damned if I can't get anything better than 980ti perf @ £200 (2nd hand from years ago). I know so many others are also waiting on upgrades too...

Also what time was the AMD E3 press conference? I remember hearing someone said 11pm tonight?

Caporegime
The RTX2070 starts at £450 - if the RX5700XT costs the same,is the same speed and has worse raytracing performance then what is the point?? Power consumption looks worse too.
Not long to wait then... what's your prediction for price?

Btw I almost think RTX is irrelevant in 2019. Neither card is really good enough for it, so for many RTX will be a non-factor. AMD have said this themselves, iirc.

Associate
Remember that these will initially have to be priced to allow AMD to clear out inventory of Polaris and whatever else these replace? Unless launch is still a month or so away and channel will be in better shape by then?

Back
Top Bottom