Rift s whos getting one?

Associate
Anyone else having issues with having to reset their play area constantly. My VR set up is in my office which changes regularly depending on the stuff on my desk so its starting to get very annoying.

I've had to reset it on a couple of occasions due to changing the room's layout, or when the lighting has changed significantly.

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with having to reset their play area constantly. My VR set up is in my office which changes regularly depending on the stuff on my desk so its starting to get very annoying.

I didn't think it was that sensitive. I haven't had to do anything since I set it up and I have cleaned up the room since I got it. Moved boxes, a spare chair, a small stand and table out of the room.

Associate

Pretty much every day I have to reset the play area, it's starting to get a bit tedious....

Soldato
Managed to get one for £360 from a Very big online catalogue shop ;) If it's not a lot better than the CV1 it can go back.

It's a lot better, make sure you update to the 1.39 firmware. If it's not publicly available it's worth joining the public test channel to get it.

Soldato
It won't have any adverse effects on my CV1 will it? Hope they aren't doing any software gimping to make newer models look better.

It didn't for me, everything seems to work the same and look the same, but, my testing was pretty limited as I hardly use the Rift now. You will understand why when you get the Rift S. You won't care how if affects the OG Rift at all.

Associate
Got the Koss KSC75's today and modded them to fit the Rift S. Much more powerful sound than the builtin speakers and everything is a lot clearer and feels more immersive now. I can see now why people who have had the CV1 before using the Rift S have been very unhappy with the sound. Definitely worth doing the mod for the extra £19 cost.

Soldato
Just noticed Oculus have updated their store refund policy of 2 hours playtime/14 days to include a clause saying no more than 5 refunds in 30 days.

I doubt many will hit that limit but something to be aware of if you're buying and retuning several games inner a month! Seems reasonable to me.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-return-quest-policy/

"YOU MAY RETURN APPS, GAMES, AND MANY EXPERIENCESPURCHASED THROUGH OCULUS FOR OCULUS RIFT, RIFT S, AND QUEST FOR ANY REASON, SO LONG AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OF PURCHASE AND YOU HAVE ENGAGED WITH THE CONTENT FOR NO MORE THAN TWO HOURS."

"WE HAVE A GENEROUS REFUND POLICY, BUT THAT POLICY STATES THAT WE MAY DENY REFUND REQUESTS IF WE DETECT POTENTIAL ABUSE OF OUR REFUND SYSTEM — FOR EXAMPLE BY REQUESTING BULK REFUNDS OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. WE BEGIN TO ASSUME POTENTIAL ABUSE WHEN OUR SYSTEM FLAGS MORE THAN FIVE REFUND REQUESTS IN 30 DAYS, BUT ALSO CONSIDER EVERY SITUATION ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS"

Associate
Just noticed Oculus have updated their store refund policy of 2 hours playtime/14 days to include a clause saying no more than 5 refunds in 30 days.

I doubt many will hit that limit but something to be aware of if you're buying and retuning several games inner a month! Seems reasonable to me.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-return-quest-policy/

"YOU MAY RETURN APPS, GAMES, AND MANY EXPERIENCESPURCHASED THROUGH OCULUS FOR OCULUS RIFT, RIFT S, AND QUEST FOR ANY REASON, SO LONG AS YOU SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OF PURCHASE AND YOU HAVE ENGAGED WITH THE CONTENT FOR NO MORE THAN TWO HOURS."

"WE HAVE A GENEROUS REFUND POLICY, BUT THAT POLICY STATES THAT WE MAY DENY REFUND REQUESTS IF WE DETECT POTENTIAL ABUSE OF OUR REFUND SYSTEM — FOR EXAMPLE BY REQUESTING BULK REFUNDS OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. WE BEGIN TO ASSUME POTENTIAL ABUSE WHEN OUR SYSTEM FLAGS MORE THAN FIVE REFUND REQUESTS IN 30 DAYS, BUT ALSO CONSIDER EVERY SITUATION ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS"

This has just reminded me i need to make more advantage of that... There are a couple of games i'm very tempted to buy but because i don't know if i like them i havent pulled the trigger. Time to do that and worse case claim a refund.

Soldato
I have refunded several games on the Oculus/Steam store but I've probably bought at least double what I've refunded. I really like being able to download a game and give it a shot for an hour or so before deciding whether to keep it. At least that way if you buy something and hate it, or it's buggy, incompatible with your hardware or badly implemented, you can get your money back.

I wish Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo would offer refunds with their online stores as it makes me apprehensive buying something online without a demo especially if it's a full price £40-50 title. At least if you buy a physical copy of something you don't like you can normally recoup 50-75% of what you paid for it afterwards by selling it.

Associate
White static and what is PTC?

A large proportion of users have experienced a display issue whereby the screen flashes with white static during gameplay. It has been addressed with the recent update on the public test channel.

Open the Oculus app on your PC.

Select Settings in the left menu.

Select the Beta tab.

Next to Public Test Channel, click to enrol.

Back
Top Bottom