• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Gotta keep in mind there's always an Asus tax.

That being said, I wouldn't buy one instead of a 2070S when the price difference is £50. Just on the power of the game bundle they offer they're more interesting. We'll see how prices settle by the end of the month, there's a shortage right now which inflates prices.

Soldato
£530 LMFAO
Ouch at prices.

Look at Asus 2070S prices, over £600. :p

Gotta keep in mind there's always an Asus tax.

That being said, I wouldn't buy one instead of a 2070S when the price difference is £50. Just on the power of the game bundle they offer they're more interesting. We'll see how prices settle by the end of the month, there's a shortage right now which inflates prices.

True, but Asus tax applies to the 2070S with their prices over £600.

Also lets not forget the custom cooler Powercolor 5700XT at $399 (£380-390) compared with the cheapest 2070S (is the FE) is still >£80 more expensive not £50.
All good AIB 2070S, are >£520 with Asus at >£600. A 40% price increase minimum or >60% in the case of Asus.

Permabanned
Sapphire and ASRock are also about to unveil some interesting designs:

ASRock-RX-5700-Lineup.jpg

Soldato
When are these cards due for release? I am building a pc next week I'm not sure if to buy RX570 while i wait for RX 5700

Associate
I hope my R9 280X thats in the loft still works... going to be a long two weeks. Come on Sapphire don't let me down!
Fingers crossed for you. I'm waiting on Sapphire too. Although I was daft enough to buy a reference 5700xt while I wait for an AIB card design I like. Luckily I have a buyer though, one of that lads is having it off me for £350. I'll be £30 out of pocket but oh well it will be worth it for a quieter card

Soldato
Fingers crossed for you. I'm waiting on Sapphire too. Although I was daft enough to buy a reference 5700xt while I wait for an AIB card design I like. Luckily I have a buyer though, one of that lads is having it off me for £350. I'll be £30 out of pocket but oh well it will be worth it for a quieter card

£30 isn't to bad I still have a 1080p 60hz monitor... So i might just get RX 570 and wait until I buy a new monitor, I would like 144hz 1440p I forgot expensive PC game gets!

Soldato

The noise is getting annoying...I was daft enough to buy a 50th anniversary, while it's admittedly cool (well not literally) to have it just does get a bit annoying even although initially I thought it's not that bad. A long gaming session does see it get annoying eventually.

Not sure what I'll do yet but can move it onto my brother without issue and like you minimal loss :) So I'll see how the AIB's do but also the 2080 Super (reference) at £669 is tempting me a bit.

Soldato
A quick google showed a few retailers selling XTs at around £430. I don't think its fair to take the chapest price from one brand, and then then most expensive from another and compare.

You're not wrong in that there is a significant price difference, but its really not £200.

Given that all the 5700XTs are the same reference, is logical to buy the cheapest. So because some selling at £430 that doesn't mean you cannot get it for £375 or £390 the same card.
AMD website has the link of the cheapest cards available, so does the Nvidia one. And on that you will find except the FE, the KFA and the blower Palit, all others are over £520 without any exception or option to find a 3 fan model cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom