• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
We're being gouged.
But you link me here the two models he's comparing.
As the power colour 5700XT one is £475.

Frankly none of them are worth the price.

I dread to think what would have happened if AMD hadn't dropped the price originally

This one at £580.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...92mb-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35k-ms.html

That's the fastest and most heavily overclocked 2070S.
2070S KFA2 is £30 more than 5700 XT Pulse. The bundle alone is worth £30. (Bundle seems to be gone) In the UK the choice of 2070S is as easy as it gets. Funniest thing is, the 2070S has even more headroom than the 5700XT to OC.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £940.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Same argument can pick this one for £409.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19f-pc.html

Assuming someone doesn't buy this one for £379
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-198-pc.html

Or this one for £430.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35p-ms.html

Also last time checked that KFA2 wasn't the best 2070S sample......
And you of all people have slandered the 5700XT blower as "hot and loud" yet that KFA does 60db. 50% more than the 5700XT blower!!!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
This one at £580.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...92mb-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35k-ms.html

That's the fastest and most heavily overclocked 2070S.

Same argument can pick this one for £409.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19f-pc.html

Assuming someone doesn't buy this one for £379
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-198-pc.html

Or this one for £430.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-35p-ms.html

Also last time checked that KFA2 wasn't the best 2070S sample......
And you of all people have slandered the 5700XT blower as "hot and loud" yet that KFA does 60db. 50% more than the 5700XT blower!!!!!!

I don't compare cards that aren't in stock. Second that kfa2 is very quiet. Third, navi reference isn't, so as someone who still has hearing left and values it reference isn't even in consideration. I'm not even gonna argue this point because there's objective measurements out there and the difference is loud & clear.

2070S is always going to be faster no matter which 2 variants you put against each other. Even if it ends up as £50 difference instead of £30 it's still worth the better drivers & features compared to Navi. Until there's a £100 gap between the 5700xt & 2070S there's no contest.

Associate
I don't compare cards that aren't in stock. Second that kfa2 is very quiet. Third, navi reference isn't, so as someone who still has hearing left and values it reference isn't even in consideration. I'm not even gonna argue this point because there's objective measurements out there and the difference is loud & clear.

2070S is always going to be faster no matter which 2 variants you put against each other. Even if it ends up as £50 difference instead of £30 it's still worth the better drivers & features compared to Navi. Until there's a £100 gap between the 5700xt & 2070S there's no contest.

I really don't get all the "5700XT is so loud" rhetoric, maybe I got really lucky, but as I've said multiple times my reference 5700XT is less noticable than my Vega 56 Pulse was, to suggest it's so loud it's going to make you go deaf is of course quite the exaggeration indeed.

Some of the reviews to me are questionable at best and not inline with anyones actual experience that owns one...gamers nexus claiming that the card hits over 90c+ either his card is trash and mine is great or he has an agenda. Since I trust youtube reviews as far as I could throw the reviewer I know what I'm inclined to believe...these people don't keep the lights on with goodwill.

Associate
Its a narrative that does not hold up under first hand experience & its getting a bit boring now. The stock 2100rpm is markedly quieter than stock reference v56.

Soldato
I estimated that the stock 5700XT fan profile is like what my 56 Pulse was at 52/53% fan profile, which isn't bad at all (I used to have it max out at 50%, which was v quiet).

Completely agree with you. But seems if we do not shove a microphone to the back of the card we are liars -_-

Individuals have very different standards for what constitutes annoying noise. It probably comes down to genetics if you follow it all the way.

Having had aircooled cards from those rare times over the last few years. GTX1080Ti Xtreme was one run for a year, the GTX1080 Armor before watercooling, GTX780 Ghz, Vega 64 Nitro & Vega 64 Reference.
Can say this. The 5700XT AE "noise" is the soft wooosh the air is doing coming out of the exhaust which cannot be compared with fan noise or coil whine.

All other cards mentioned above, had fan noise, the higher pitched annoying one.

Soldato
I really don't get all the "5700XT is so loud" rhetoric, maybe I got really lucky, but as I've said multiple times my reference 5700XT is less noticable than my Vega 56 Pulse was, to suggest it's so loud it's going to make you go deaf is of course quite the exaggeration indeed.

Some of the reviews to me are questionable at best and not inline with anyones actual experience that owns one...gamers nexus claiming that the card hits over 90c+ either his card is trash and mine is great or he has an agenda. Since I trust youtube reviews as far as I could throw the reviewer I know what I'm inclined to believe...these people don't keep the lights on with goodwill.

The only bit I saw him talking about hitting 90 degrees was on the memory, not the gpu chip itself and the tests were noise normalised

Caporegime
My 5700XT maxes out at 89/90c no problem, but I'm not too concerned I still have a mate who runs a 290X and his hits that all the time!! Plus it's still pretty quiet :)

(I do have it running at 2Ghz though, at stock prob maxes out at 80/81)

Associate

Nvidia having better drivers is now a thing? Nvidia drivers have been pretty bad for the last 3 or 4 years. Have AMD gone that bad in the last year?

Soldato
Nvidia having better drivers is now a thing? Nvidia drivers have been pretty bad for the last 3 or 4 years. Have AMD gone that bad in the last year?

No drivers have been pretty good. With a new architecture on release there is always more teething problems. On Vega 64 i have had no issues at all.

Associate
My 5700XT maxes out at 89/90c no problem, but I'm not too concerned I still have a mate who runs a 290X and his hits that all the time!! Plus it's still pretty quiet :)

(I do have it running at 2Ghz though, at stock prob maxes out at 80/81)

Out of interest what are your voltage settings in Wattman?

Soldato

Ignore the Nvidia shill. A visit to the Nvidia forums shows how bad the Nvidia drivers are the last 3 years.
Hell nobody talks about the reduced performance the current drivers have against older drivers on most games, but cherry picking the optimizations in Apex and Forza 4 only!!!!!!

Soldato

Drivers for Navi have been an absolute mess, and they even come with nice performance loss for older cards. Just check the AMD subreddit sometime. Or even this forum, where plenty of people got Navi then quickly sent them back because of the driver situation.

Back
Top Bottom