• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Have to say am not impressed atm, but my Vega was absolutely rock solid so will give AMD driver guy the benefit of the doubt :)

Dude needs to put in some *major* overtime though!! :D

Vega is fine now, that's what I run too, but it had its own messy launch. Ofc, it will improve in a few months for Navi as well but right now it is what it is.

Associate
Don't use Wattman, think it's a big pile of **** (keeps losing my settings, irritating little ****er). I use AB instead, got it set to 1180 with a PL of +50 and a target of 2064. Seems to work well.

Lol yeah I did notice that, it crashes and the settings disappear bit tedious.

Currently have mine running at stock with an undervolt (1100mv) but did a 3DMark last night and it was actually really low 8681, so need to look into it tonight lol.

Have been OCing the memory to 910 but playing closer attention to it, it seems there is no fps gain at all 875 vs 910.

so I now have the fastest 5700/3600 combo in time spy...

:)

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8341962

Damn, thats a really high memory clock my 5700XT won't go above 910.

Huge OC for a 5700.

Associate
Damn, thats a really high memory clock my 5700XT won't go above 910.

Huge OC for a 5700.

you're not wrong! I don't see many others getting much above 930 let alone 940... I will come clean tho, I can't run that 24/7, I can just about get through a couple of passes of the benchmark then its pegged at 90 degrees and has some artifacting at the end it will also get through a benchmark. At 945 I guess it chucking loads of errors as the score is drastically down. The card is on a Morpheus cooler which doesn't allow for any sophisticated cooling on the memory chips it's actually worse than stock... this is something im looking into..... I don't want to have all that RAM speed and not be able to use it! So keep your eyes out for a thread... if it works...

I'm not sure if the core is topped out there either, temp's settle around 71 degrees so may be a little more yet currently set at 2150 in Wattman.

and then there is working at the CPU/RAM overclocking it's just quick and dirty at the moment, so I'm sure there's some points left in there. I would like to hit 9000, but that might be a bit of a push...and I'm already top.... :p

Soldato
Navi trounces Vega in VR, still behind Turing. Good progress nonetheless.

https://babeltechreviews.com/vr-wars-the-rtx-2060-vs-the-rx-5700/

unconstrained-chart.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
Seems that AMD fans hoping to try out ray-tracing are gonna have a good wait on their hands. Probably not before Nvidia's next-gen launch either.
That's one interpretation of the roadmap. Another interpretation is RDNA2 is 2020, based on the position of the graphic along the timeline, which has identical scale to the CPU roadmap. And then, of course, PS5 has ray tracing and that's out next year.

So "good wait" is 12 months max, which gives Nvidia time to release some hardware that isn't utter garbage for ray tracing and game devs to give 2 monkeys as a result and implement it.

Soldato
From the way things are looking Ray Tracing on AMD/Consoles will be of a more efficient optimized approach. As for Nvidia it's going to be more brute force. Like Tessellation or Physx was when it was set to max. When the only Nv cards that could truly handle it properly was top tier. And yet to this very day that hasn't change when it comes to RT. I'm sure by the time 3000 series hit anything lower then a Titan/Ti won't provide the best gaming experience. As they up ray tracing requirements.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Boost of 2010MHz. Totally worth it for that price.

People don't think so.

It seems that in Navi is buying the cheapest with a minimally decent cooler and is done. There is almost nothing more to extract.

So incredibly meh. All that extra power for hardly any performance difference, and that big cooler STILL cant unsteat sapphire's own cheap 5700xt custom cooler.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-nitro.258952/

Back
Top Bottom