• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Permabanned

Wow Cyberpunk 2077 looked really incredible with ray tracing enabled.

Cyberpunk 2077 screenshots released few months ago looked a little dull and flatted with no ray tracing.

Ray Tracing bring Cyberpunk 2077 to life, looked very much better.

Cant wait until April 2020 to play it. :)

Almost as good as GZDoom, eh? :D

Associate

Wow Cyberpunk 2077 looked really incredible with ray tracing enabled.

Cyberpunk 2077 screenshots released few months ago looked a little dull and flatted with no ray tracing.

Ray Tracing bring Cyberpunk 2077 to life, looked very much better.

Cant wait until April 2020 to play it. :)
As the lady said in the video nice painting:rolleyes:;):p

Soldato
Almost as good as GZDoom, eh? :D

LOL Yeah, I did have a good chuckle when I saw his post about RT DOOM turning out not to actually use RT. 10/10 for effort from AthlonXP1800, but I cringe every time I see a new post from him trying to big up RT now.

:D:D He trolled himself, it was absolutely brilliant. And, You are right, his new posts bigging up RT are very cringeworthy!!

Man of Honour
:D:D He trolled himself, it was absolutely brilliant. And, You are right, his new posts bigging up RT are very cringeworthy!!

He does it with Windows 10, etc. as well. Almost like a shillbot but I don't think he is getting paid for it.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm sure he's mentioned before that he holds Nvidia shares, so he has a vested interest in them.

I'm just;

giphy.gif

Every time he posts now.

He's like the Nvidia equivalent of 4K8KW10 :p

Soldato
With all the Nvidia apologism going on I can’t help but wonder if there’s a secret loyalty programme paid in Nvidia dollars per post.

If I had a RTX card I’d still be honest enough to call them out as being a bunch of chancers. I don’t get this fierce loyalty at all..

It’s almost a football supporter mentality. The type who are incapable of admitting their team actually suck.

Associate
There is that kind of loyalty in pretty much everything to do with gaming though.. and a lot of it is based on the idea that if we give them lots of our money, said company will "be nice to us and give us features and things we really want!"

It's the blind support mentality, we have shifted from companies are grubby scum bags that want our money, so lets pirate instead, to lets throw our money at them 'cause reasons.

If you try to argue as to why it's a bad thing, the response is "You have a CHOICE" be in reality we really don't, unless the choice is pay up or give up... not much of a choice is it? The people who blindly support drastically increase the prices of everything, as the companies see $$$ or £££, and thats all the majority of them care about, knowing full well the blind majority will continue to throw their money at them.

Take Intel for example, people upgraded CPU's how many times between 2008-2018? which the majority of those upgrade require a whole new Motherboard, i was still rocking an AMD Phenom 965 BE, and despite the fact it was showing it's age in the later years, Intel was never worth the upgrade, thankfully AMD pulled back and i jumped onto a Ryzen. Intel just fleeced their followers, i doubt AMD will end up like that while Lisa Su is ceo, but when she retires, the next person might just see the $$$/£££. Time will tell.

Soldato
With all the Nvidia apologism going on I can’t help but wonder if there’s a secret loyalty programme paid in Nvidia dollars per post.

If I had a RTX card I’d still be honest enough to call them out as being a bunch of chancers. I don’t get this fierce loyalty at all..

It’s almost a football supporter mentality. The type who are incapable of admitting their team actually suck.

Given some of their other questionable business practices, it wouldn't surprise me.

Soldato
LOL Yeah, I did have a good chuckle when I saw his post about RT DOOM turning out not to actually use RT. 10/10 for effort from AthlonXP1800, but I cringe every time I see a new post from him trying to big up RT now.

Oh it didnt used RT? :(

Not been played PC games for last 8 days as my mother is very ill with bad gallbladder, she now eat about 1 meal a day, bedridden slept all day and I am now full time carer too busy doing shopping, cooking, wash dishes, feed my cat etc so very little or no time for PC gaming and browse internet for an hour.

I checked DSOGaming link now confirmed it was fake.

Very disappointed the modder was trolled everybody and surprised DSOGaming never bothered to checked if it was real or fake before published the news.

Will do some editing later to correct my old posts.

Caporegime
The issue with the half-assed RT we have at the moment, is that a part of me feels like some developers (with an "incentive") might make the lighting system worse without RT to big it up, i mean we quite literally had developers add arbitrary amounts of tessellation before (not quite making something look worse, just that a feature is being abused).

Hopefully this doesn't last long and we don't have a repeat of Nvidia's punitive measures to attack ATI machines.

Man of Honour
The issue with the half-assed RT we have at the moment, is that a part of me feels like some developers (with an "incentive") might make the lighting system worse without RT to big it up, i mean we quite literally had developers add arbitrary amounts of tessellation before (not quite making something look worse, just that a feature is being abused).

Hopefully this doesn't last long and we don't have a repeat of Nvidia's punitive measures to attack ATI machines.

I think one of the problems is developers don't want to spend the time maintaining a best effort DX11/12 design and an RT design side by side so are just doing an average job with DX11/12 that can easily be switched off when RT is enabled without having to put any thought into how things have to change to accommodate switching between render paths.

Back
Top Bottom