• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Hearing Ray Tracing in the new COD is single-player and 2 v 2 only.

It should be single player only really, aint no one going to turn on ray tracing in multiplayer, it just isn't going to happen unless there is no performance hit.

Indeed.

Where are have all the RTX defenders gone by the way? I am sure they will be back in 2-3 months time once Nvidia fix things :p

Only defending the developer here - why do they not get to choose what they implement and how they do it in their games

Soldato
Previous defender here.
After playing control more, although it looks great, the grainy quality of the ray tracing shows me now its really not ready, it's just a weak weak version, there will be two stages in the future. One will be being able to run this stage with good frames, then will come a better version with more than 3 rays or whatever it is currently, and the saga will start again

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Any more defenders want to make a statement? :p

Previous defender here.
After playing control more, although it looks great, the grainy quality of the ray tracing shows me now its really not ready, it's just a weak weak version, there will be two stages in the future. One will be being able to run this stage with good frames, then will come a better version with more than 3 rays or whatever it is currently, and the saga will start again

Sunshinewelly et al must be frothing reading this :D

We are nowhere near what proper ray tracing will end up looking like in the future in my opinion. Current hardware is super weak and is just beta testing. Good to see the ball rolling. But what I would love to see is the next Crysis jump in quality. Not sure when the hardware required for that will come out though.

Soldato
I played the ps4 beta yesterday - this call of duty game has the same textures as a PlayStation 3 game - just awful

Yep. COD games haven't moved far on graphics the last 7 years. Though the same can be said for PC in general also, since Ryse Son of Rome (5 years) and SWBF1 (4 years) are better looking games than the significant majority of PC games today, and those 2 run better also on today's midrange hardware!!!! (5700XT & Vega 64 for example).

Soldato
Yep. COD games haven't moved far on graphics the last 7 years. Though the same can be said for PC in general also, since Ryse Son of Rome (5 years) and SWBF1 (4 years) are better looking games than the significant majority of PC games today, and those 2 run better also on today's midrange hardware!!!! (5700XT & Vega 64 for example).

Ryse Son of Rome was short but so sweet. Really loved that game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ryse Son of Rome was short but so sweet. Really loved that game.

Me too. How many times just was amazed from the graphics, missed the action and died :D
For me is the best example of how great PC gaming graphics can be, and how we went down hill ever since. And is 6 years old game for heaven sake.
Mid range GPUs can play it on Ultra these days and laugh at it. Yet we get some crap graphics, or cut down graphics to promote some tech, like the BF5 scandal. With the cut down reflections of the Frostbite 3 engine, when those reflections exist on previous games, but cut on BF5 to promote the Ray Tracing crap.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Me too. How many times just was amazed from the graphics, missed the action and died :D
For me is the best example of how great PC gaming graphics can be, and how we went down hill ever since. And is 6 years old game for heaven sake.
Mid range GPUs can play it on Ultra these days and laugh at it. Yet we get some crap graphics, or cut down graphics to promote some tech, like the BF5 scandal. With the cut down reflections of the Frostbite 3 engine, when those reflections exist on previous games, but cut on BF5 to promote the Ray Tracing crap.
+1

But you know, RT and DLSS is awesome! One starts seeing things once they drop big moneys on a GPU I guess? :p

My position remains the same, Ray Tracing has great potential, but not with current hardware. What we have seen so far is not impressive relative to how Crysis was back in the day which was a huge leap.

Soldato
+1

But you know, RT and DLSS is awesome! One starts seeing things once they drop big moneys on a GPU I guess? :p

My position remains the same, Ray Tracing has great potential, but not with current hardware. What we have seen so far is not impressive relative to how Crysis was back in the day which was a huge leap.

RTX has great potential on my system (in sig) - looks brilliant.

Man of Honour

This is the problem I have - people keep writing off the underlying tech on the basis of their hardware not doing it and current implementations being lacking or just woeful - but the tech really does have transformative capabilities when used properly and we aren't that far off having the hardware to back it up either. nVidia I think really should rush out an "RTX core" at a knock down price that can sit in a PCI-e x1 slot or something and provide such functionality to any GPU as a loss leader kind of thing to get the ball properly rolling. (Though maybe the current implementation doesn't have the flexibility to offload like that I dunno - theoretically it is possible).

Soldato
Where are have all the RTX defenders gone by the way? I am sure they will be back in 2-3 months time once Nvidia fix things :p
Probably off sulking their shows ended up being crap and got cancelled :p

rtx_defenders.jpg

Back
Top Bottom