• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Associate
I think one of the problems is developers don't want to spend the time maintaining a best effort DX11/12 design and an RT design side by side so are just doing an average job with DX11/12 that can easily be switched off when RT is enabled without having to put any thought into how things have to change to accommodate switching between render paths.

Devs generally don't really bother to optimise either these days as they rely on the Ghz + CPU cores to make up for their lack of optimisation, i've had some OK looking games drop FPS so fast at times, i could get an older game with better graphics that wouldn't even drop 1 FPS, nevermind 20-30. They are really getting lazy.

Soldato

Now it's not perfect. The players detailed is completely destroyed by black crush among other issues (as most of this could still be rasterized if given the time and personel). But overall this is an improvement.

Edit:
Just thinking about this. I can only see this working if RT is forced on for all players. As anyone who doesn't have it on will have a pretty big latency advantage.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Now it's not perfect. The players detailed is completely destroyed by black crush among other issues (as most of this could still be rasterized if given the time and personal). But overall this is an improvement.
Looks pretty good fun with or without RTX in truth. Not sure I am up for another COD/BF game but will keep an eye on it.

Soldato
Literally a polished turd :D

COD is the same rubbish game re-hashed every 6 months for the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Literally a polished turd :D

COD is the same rubbish game re-hashed every 6 months for the last 10 years.

Amen. COD killed also the Battlefield series, forcing EA/DICE to make all BF games post BFBD2 a copy of COD. Hence haven't touched any of them.

And BF2/3 & BD2 are still the best FPS games even today. Shame for the hacks.

Soldato
Well, just to be clear COD is in 2 segments (that I know of). Blackops and Modern Warfare. Last release from Activision was Blackops 4. This one is Modern Warefare "2019" (different developers).

This one is planning on having 64 player Ground War Mode matches that is going to rival Battlefield. And it will turn a lot of heads once it's debut! Which was speculated would happen since BlackOut was capable of the same.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...l-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Multiplayer-Beta-Starts

So having this level of RT in 64 Ground War mode is going to cause Dice to "react". As there is no other popular FPS out there that can easily topple Battlefield.

So...
All aboard!!! I kidd, I kidd :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I used to play COD4/MW2 with a lot of settings on low to get as high a framerate as possible sustained - unfortunately not a game I'm really going to be using RT in until it is fundamental to the engine and hardware out capable of 100+ FPS.

Soldato
I used to play COD4/MW2 with a lot of settings on low to get as high a framerate as possible sustained - unfortunately not a game I'm really going to be using RT in until it is fundamental to the engine and hardware out capable of 100+ FPS.

I played cod4 semi competitively for a brief period and during that time I was running it at 720p, all Low Settings to get the frame rate as high as possible - even up to 300fps would have been nice due to the engine physics advantages it provided

Man of Honour
This one is planning on having 64 player Ground War Mode matches that is going to rival Battlefield.

I always thought it a shame they never did a more Battlefield like game mode in COD4 or MW2 - the engine could handle reasonably big maps - I had one almost complete that was something like 4km by 4km fully detailed:

Khp33BZ.png

18SeZ8y.png

mbA4imw.png

(My level design skills have come on a long way since doing that map)

Last edited:
Soldato
I always thought it a shame they never did a more Battlefield like game mode in COD4 or MW2 - the engine could handle reasonably big maps - I had one almost complete that was something like 4km by 4km fully detailed:

Khp33BZ.png

18SeZ8y.png

mbA4imw.png
Nice!
I do wonder why it took them so long to go this route though. Just goes to show how much control Activision has over the developers IMO.

Man of Honour
I do wonder why it took them so long to go this route though.

I get why they didn't for awhile - a lot of people simply didn't have the hardware to handle it in that engine which was more optimised for arena style maps though capable of open terrain but I don't get why they've not done it in recent years.

Soldato
FYI Wargaming announced today their RT version for WOT (and WoWs, WPlanes) would use a hybrid approach utilizing CPU and GPU without requiring expensive cards.
They start with implementing Ray Traced shadows & reflections and the client would be live in a months time.

The sample they shows looks impressive to say the least.

Associate
Modern warfare will be huge as it is supposed to be cross platform, elite PC players against console scrubs :D, the only downside is they haven't worked out the matchmaking yet, so if you want to play on a PC against your console mates , you might have to use a game pad :mad:

Soldato
Modern warfare will be huge as it is supposed to be cross platform, elite PC players against console scrubs :D, the only downside is they haven't worked out the matchmaking yet, so if you want to play on a PC against your console mates , you might have to use a game pad :mad:

Yes gamepads not a chance you can use your mouse against consoles

Soldato
FYI Wargaming announced today their RT version for WOT (and WoWs, WPlanes) would use a hybrid approach utilizing CPU and GPU without requiring expensive cards.
They start with implementing Ray Traced shadows & reflections and the client would be live in a months time.

The sample they shows looks impressive to say the least.
I like to see a video of this. Sound interesting.

Well lets not get too excited, some if not most, will just grab a keyboard and mouse and play and still have "Aim Assist" activated from within the game (with several variants of Aim Assist to choose from within the game, lol). Which gives them a huge advantage with keyboard/mouse on console. So I wouldn't count those chickens just yet. As it's not clear if the PC version will allow aim assist (on controller). Blackops 4 has it disabled on PC.

Back
Top Bottom