Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
4K PC version will be a big seller of new GPU's & associated hardware (150GB is a lot of SSD space to use!).

That'll be the issue for me. I have 175GB left on 1 SSD and 121GB left on the other. I could move stuff around a bit...or I could use the excuse to buy another SSD. Probably the latter. I'm happy with the 500GB 850 EVO that's my main drive at the moment, so £70 for a 500GB 860 EVO looks good to me. That'll give me 1.25TB of SSD, which should be fine for some while.

I'll wait for a little while, of course, to see what it's like on PC. Hopefully a proper job and not a shoddy console port. But I do want this game and I'm willing to pay full price for it because

I was pretty close, I predicted 59.99. Its a hefty chunk of cash but as I operate on a £ per hour basis I think I will get 55 hours out of it so I'm willing to take a punt.

I approach pricing the same way. £ per hour is cheap entertainment, if it's good entertainment. RDR2 looks like good entertainment to me.

Associate
I was pretty close, I predicted 59.99. Its a hefty chunk of cash but as I operate on a £ per hour basis I think I will get 55 hours out of it so I'm willing to take a punt.

Yeah decent enough logic, I personally hate paying over £40 for a game but might push it, want to be sure it's not a crap port or they have done something insane like stop modding though first

Soldato
My PC is soley running on HDD except for OS, most games on HDD, I'm sure loading times are not that bad, might just stick this on a HDD

Think I'll buy it hard copy too, sometimes I like a hard copy of a game.

Soldato
I will be waiting for reviews and performance of this, title and even wait for a few patches before thinking of getting this 1 year year old game.

Soldato
The ambient heat output by HDD's should be enough to drop the technology. I did it several months back, I'm running a 1tb nvme drive and 4tb (2x 2TB) SSD's. PC is very silent now and case temps went down as well.

As for the game, it's going on my nvme drive for sure. I just hope as I previously stated, this plays at least over 100fps with max settings at 1440p on a 2080 ti. But I think that's wishful thinking

Back
Top Bottom