Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
The main story only uses a relatively small section of the map. After I did that I went exploring the rest and its massive. To fully explore and complete all the side mission would take well over 100 hours. Be prepared to be attacked by animals on a regular basis:)

Last edited:
Soldato
So the 54.99 on rockstar was an actual saving then (as you get the Special edition for that price, not the Standard)

Just checked and that offer is still available on the R* launcher. So Epic are selling all three versions at full retail and not offering the upgrade from Standard to special....

Associate
Just checked and that offer is still available on the R* launcher. So Epic are selling all three versions at full retail and not offering the upgrade from Standard to special....

They did state originally that the offer was exclusive to the R launcher at the time. Its an incentive to buy direct them R themselves.

Soldato
Its for Preorder on the Epic store now at £54.99 for the standard game, £69.99 for Special edition and £79.99 for the Ultimate edition.

I hope our CDKeys orders are honoured as I am sure both Epic and R* must be a little ****** how they have been selling it so cheap... Just a thought.

No reason there should be any issues, they've not done anything they don't do all the time.

Last edited:
Associate
No idea about this game at all, is it kinda like gta you can go wandering and cause havoc? Might be worth it for that.

Yeah you can, but not on the same scale. GTA you get all the police in cars plus helicopters etc. This game is slower paced, like a real western. So you will get some sheriff's chase you on horse and you will probably die.

Associate
The game is available to purchase on other stores, but it's much more expensive! I expect it will be the same case with Steam in December. I'm glad I snagged the special Edition for £42.99, because it's £69.99 on Epic!

Likewise:) Humble & GMG are open for sale as well.. Humble have no discount:p & GMG are-12% which is still way more than CDkeys charged. I'd Imagine R* don't care because they are already gouging our eyes out with their pricing.

Man of Honour
I bought from Rockstar, 54.99 for the Special Edition. On my £ per hour system I would be surprised if I get less than 55 hours out of the game. Will probably be more like the 100+ hours that I got for Assassins Creed Origins and Assassins Creed Odyssey (incidently I paid more than 54.99 for both of those as I got the deluxe editions of those), so I'm fine with it, 54.99 for 100+ hours is good value in my books. Based on the £ per hour thing.

I'd be happier if it was cheaper of course, everyone likes cheap but its far from what I think of as a ripoff considering how much I will get out of it.

Soldato
So... Logging in using my PIA India VPN this game comes out at around £35 rather than the £55 that Rockstar want via their new launcher, I haven't seen anyone here mention giving this a go. Is it a bad bad bad idea? Paypal is allowed as a payment method too.

Permabanned
I bought from Rockstar, 54.99 for the Special Edition. On my £ per hour system I would be surprised if I get less than 55 hours out of the game. Will probably be more like the 100+ hours that I got for Assassins Creed Origins and Assassins Creed Odyssey (incidently I paid more than 54.99 for both of those as I got the deluxe editions of those), so I'm fine with it, 54.99 for 100+ hours is good value in my books. Based on the £ per hour thing.

I'd be happier if it was cheaper of course, everyone likes cheap but its far from what I think of as a ripoff considering how much I will get out of it.

Thats a good way to judge it to be honest dude. £1 per hour (and thats a worst case) is great value for money if you look at it that way.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
hmm im worried there wont be a preload
no official word and from the email you get when pre-ordering it doesn't sound like it will be an option
i remember the GTA V launch we had preload but even with that at midnight it was chaos on steam and the R* launcher

i cant imagine what this will be like without a preload :rolleyes:

Associate
So... Logging in using my PIA India VPN this game comes out at around £35 rather than the £55 that Rockstar want via their new launcher, I haven't seen anyone here mention giving this a go. Is it a bad bad bad idea? Paypal is allowed as a payment method too.

I originally was tempted to do the same and then read how you could be banned potentially and something about chinese players doing that for gta 5.

I decided to go down the cdkeys route. Bought from them for years and they never let me down

Soldato

Is it easy to buy games from other countries purely by using VPN?

Soldato
That's pretty much how CDKeys get there keys. They buy bulk from overseas territories where the price is discounted by the publisher and then sells them on to us at a reduced price. Hence why there prices fluctuate.
I have seen no mention of region locking on RDR2 being offered for sale or with GTA V

hmm im worried there wont be a preload
no official word and from the email you get when pre-ordering it doesn't sound like it will be an option
i remember the GTA V launch we had preload but even with that at midnight it was chaos on steam and the R* launcher

i cant imagine what this will be like without a preload :rolleyes:

There will be a preload as with GTA. I don't see any difference to that launch.

Man of Honour
I have a question for anyone who has played the console version of this..if you dual wield pistols, when you shoot can you draw only one pistol? Or if you are dual wielding do you have to always draw both pistols?

Back
Top Bottom