39 Bodies found in Lorry in Essex

Associate
Well to be fair “Chinese” is a reasonable assumption but yes they’re not necessarily going to know the actual nationality right away.

Chinese, Vietnamese you literally cant tell them apart from appearance they could be British for all we know.

Caporegime
This is my take as well, what puzzles me is on the face of it the police are yet to establish the drivers innocence in this which you’d think they’d be quick to establish were he just unfortunate enough to be sent to pick up that particular trailer....
Yeah maybe, but if its so easy then that would suggest that he is in on it. He can still play the "oh no theres a lot of people passed out in the back card" ring 999, I have no idea what is happening here! officer!

Soldato
All pantomime atm. Have some patience. All will be revealed to due course.

It was colonel mustard with the candlestick in the study...

Soldato
Apparently the family have already been refunded the £30k, wish banks operated that fast. Takes an eternity to get money back from them.

Can't imagine what it was like for them though, literally suffocating to death and absolutely nothing they could do. They must have all died in transit from Belgium as the last text from one of the girls was around 6am local time in Belgium. So I'd say unless the lorry driver and couple who previously owned the lorry are directly connected to the smugglers they will not be charged with anything.

Caporegime
Apparently the family have already been refunded the £30k, wish banks operated that fast. Takes an eternity to get money back from them.

Can't imagine what it was like for them though, literally suffocating to death and absolutely nothing they could do. They must have all died in transit from Belgium as the last text from one of the girls was around 6am local time in Belgium. So I'd say unless the lorry driver and couple who previously owned the lorry are directly connected to the smugglers they will not be charged with anything.

What?

"Take this money back and shut up" i guess, these criminals must be scared to death that their particular enterprise is at risk.

Caporegime
Maybe he’s involved, I suspect otherwise, but having read that link, I couldn’t see
anything new in it that would make me or you begin to doubt his innocence.

Given where he was dropping them off he’s not exactly looking too innocent - granted they might well have been dead before he even picked up the trailer but it seems fairly likely he was involved in the operation. I mean presumably he’s got a reasonable reason otherwise for pulling over in that location and opening up his truck etc...

Associate
If as reported, the tractor unit travelled solo from NI to Essex is significant because I don't believe a genuine haulage company would do that sort of 'dead' mileage. It wouldn't make financial sense.
In other words that driver and truck was sent specifically for that trailer.

Associate
Given where he was dropping them off he’s not exactly looking too innocent - granted they might well have been dead before he even picked up the trailer but it seems fairly likely he was involved in the operation. I mean presumably he’s got a reasonable reason otherwise for pulling over in that location and opening up his truck etc...

Well maybe he was doing a delivery?

Some businesses operate 24/7

Associate
Something else just occurred to me is wether their was any produce on the trailer at all.
If so, there should be a paperwork trail back to where the goods were loaded and the contents would have been declared to the ferry company.
If the trailer was empty except for the human cargo, the ferry operative who loaded the trailer on the ferry would have noticed the lack of weight when pulling it onboard.
Sending an empty trailer wouldn't make financial sense.

Soldato
If as reported, the tractor unit travelled solo from NI to Essex is significant because I don't believe a genuine haulage company would do that sort of 'dead' mileage. It wouldn't make financial sense.
In other words that driver and truck was sent specifically for that trailer.

It is questionable but for a small firm it's not unheard of, I've run from Devon to Barnsley with no load when needs must.

Associate
Was he at a delivery address, or the side of a road on an industrial estate known as an illegals drop off point when he opened the trailer...

Easy to come to conclusions maybe he was at the delivery location and opened the back to get the delivery notes

Back
Top Bottom