Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I caved and got special edition for 55 off rockstart about an hour ago, 50gb downloaded so far. guess got to wait till tuesday to play?

did you do it because of the gold bars?

I’m ordering today and trying to decide if the bars are worth it. Will be going straight into online and do fancy bounty hunting

Caporegime
If I can give one piece of advice to those who haven’t played yet on console it would be this:

Don’t go exploring too far past the areas you’re in with the story, firstly there won’t be new quests in the other areas and secondly it removes the excitement of uncovering a new area as part of the story. I spent hours in areas I shouldn’t have been in and when I eventually got there as part of the story they felt stale.

Soldato
It unlocks at 1600 on Monday here in California. So should be open for you to play at 2300 Monday night over there.

Can I stick a VPN on and play after 4?

did you do it because of the gold bars?

I’m ordering today and trying to decide if the bars are worth it. Will be going straight into online and do fancy bounty hunting

It was apparently same price for the standard edition with "free upgrade", but thought what the hell anyway.

Associate
If I can give one piece of advice to those who haven’t played yet on console it would be this:

Don’t go exploring too far past the areas you’re in with the story, firstly there won’t be new quests in the other areas and secondly it removes the excitement of uncovering a new area as part of the story. I spent hours in areas I shouldn’t have been in and when I eventually got there as part of the story they felt stale.

Vital info, as I figured I'd just spend some time exploring. Thanks!

Soldato

Will do thanks been looking forward to playing for a good while so want to make the most of it.

I’ve played a very small amount on console but decided to wait with many other games to play at the time anyway. It was one game I wanted to take full advantage of and the perf side on console I wasn’t quite happy with. So figured I’d wait for the pc release and put my pc to good use :).

Soldato
Just been looking at old videos of the first game from 2010, obviously the graphics are a much lower standard but the game still looks quite good, things like firing a Gattling gun at bandits or Indians whilst on a moving train or wagon was much in use.

The video shown here is misleading and 'the story so far'
gives the impression that the new game is a follow on whereas it's a prequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72m4pwGmynQ

Soldato
Another tip: There is a chap in your gang who can craft you 'upgrades' like satchel upgrades etc. Keep a notepad handy and jot down the various resources required to obtain them. Hunting is quite important so be mindful of your surroundings and what spawns where.

Edit: Dammit, now I'm thinking of booting up my savegame.

Soldato
Another tip: There is a chap in your gang who can craft you 'upgrades' like satchel upgrades etc. Keep a notepad handy and jot down the various resources required to obtain them. Hunting is quite important so be mindful of your surroundings and what spawns where.

Edit: Dammit, now I'm thinking of booting up my savegame.

A quick question, do you get jumped and mullered by mountain lions like in GTA? or do you have time to kill them?

Soldato
A quick question, do you get jumped and mullered by mountain lions like in GTA? or do you have time to kill them?
You get a chance to shove off the initial pounce providing your health is good in the first place. They are still just as vicious. They don’t appear that much in the world though and you’ll soon learn their hunting zones...besides there’s far worse things out there.

Soldato

So would you suggest to mostly follow the main story and then do rest of side quests and more exploring ? Or is it like once main quest done, the game is over ?

Soldato
So would you suggest to mostly follow the main story and then do rest of side quests and more exploring ? Or is it like once main quest done, the game is over ?

The game isn't over, without spoiling anything, but I'd suggest doing side quests as soon as they appear on the map and then move on with the story.

Soldato
I've never pre-ordered from cdekeys before, do they let you know when the key is ready or do you have to keep checking. Also, can't find anywhere within my account to see keys, I have the link in the email but thought they'd show somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom