Total War: Warhammer 2

Associate
Just got the game and I can't understand why when on the map my FPS is CRAP ! like at the end of every turn on the Empire Campaign it drops to 5 FPS ! ? I'm guessing this is an in game Bug ! If I play a Battle its a fine solid 50 - 60 FPS on max settings so not a massive issue as such , playing on i7 8700k / 1080ti ...... What I did find funny is the campaign I played as the Empire and it said it would be easy ! well after my 2nd movie an Army come from the east and wiped out my first ARMY LOL ! Easy they say...... I need to learn how to make new Armys as I couldn't work it out.

Soldato
What I did find funny is the campaign I played as the Empire and it said it would be easy ! well after my 2nd movie an Army come from the east and wiped out my first ARMY LOL ! Easy they say...... I need to learn how to make new Armys as I couldn't work it out.

The difficulty rating when you start a new game generally relates to initial challenge so first 10-20 turns. I've not played empire yet so not sure how far in '2nd movie' plays. To recruit new army you need to recruit a Lord, again as I haven't played Empire this option might be locked behind research, building or some other mechanism. Also bear in mind each army will increase your overall upkeep by certain percentage.

Caporegime
Just got the game and I can't understand why when on the map my FPS is CRAP ! like at the end of every turn on the Empire Campaign it drops to 5 FPS ! ? I'm guessing this is an in game Bug ! If I play a Battle its a fine solid 50 - 60 FPS on max settings so not a massive issue as such , playing on i7 8700k / 1080ti ...... What I did find funny is the campaign I played as the Empire and it said it would be easy ! well after my 2nd movie an Army come from the east and wiped out my first ARMY LOL ! Easy they say...... I need to learn how to make new Armys as I couldn't work it out.
The fps drop at the end of every turn because it is calculating all of the other races next moves and actions which takes a lot of single-core processing power (and the game doesn't use multiple cores for that).

Soldato
The fps drop at the end of every turn because it is calculating all of the other races next moves and actions which takes a lot of single-core processing power (and the game doesn't use multiple cores for that).

Exactly this. It does this for everybody, even those that own 2080ti's. Nothing to worry about.

Associate

Its because of how the game engine has been created blame total war for that.

Associate
FYI, Its not about time to dedicate. #2 IS the first game with extra races. Its played on the same map, Albeit larger, With more races and improved mechanics+tweaks. The only caveat is that you have to OWN #1 to be able to play as the original races in #2

Oh I see, thanks Woogie!

Soldato
Fair enough so its a game design issue! So is the Map also only using 1 core ? you would think for a map that doesn't have much going on would knock your FPS down to 40 when zooming in and out.

I don't know how many cores it uses, but I do know that as of about Rome 2 TW time, the map graphics were updated significantly to the sort of level you see now and they have always been a massive resource hog and/or badly optimised. That being said, the TWW2 map looks incredibly good.

Associate

Btw, did you buy 1 and 2 or?

Soldato
I don't know how many cores it uses, but I do know that as of about Rome 2 TW time, the map graphics were updated significantly to the sort of level you see now and they have always been a massive resource hog and/or badly optimised. That being said, the TWW2 map looks incredibly good.

Think they run on the same engine so it's quite impressive what they managed to get out of it compared to Rome 2

Soldato
I still use the first game for multilayer campaigns. The problem with ME is its very slow. AI turns take ages. And the loading screens take much longer than in WHI. I don't mind too much in single player. But in multilayer it slows the game down too much.

Soldato
Having an interesting ME campaign at the moment. For the first time in ages, the Greenskins are doing very well.

I'm playing Tilea. I worked my way up the West coast of the Old World, paying the Badlands no attention. By the time I'd conquered that area, the Greenskins had confederated every Orc faction in the OW, had crushed the Dwarfs in the World's Edge Mountains, and were waring with the Empire through Black Fire Pass. It was a literal green tide. I had 4 stacks and a fifth under way at this point. The relative faction strength bar was pretty much all red. 30 turns on, and there has been no end to the Orcs. They're still stronger than Tilea, Clan Angrund, Karak Zorn, The Empire, and now Barak Varr, combined. All I've been able to do is capture Akendorf, liberate Barak Varr, and occasionally sack a nearby Orc settlement. The green tide just keeps coming!

Fun though :D

Soldato
Having an interesting ME campaign at the moment. For the first time in ages, the Greenskins are doing very well.

I'm playing Tilea. I worked my way up the West coast of the Old World, paying the Badlands no attention. By the time I'd conquered that area, the Greenskins had confederated every Orc faction in the OW, had crushed the Dwarfs in the World's Edge Mountains, and were waring with the Empire through Black Fire Pass. It was a literal green tide. I had 4 stacks and a fifth under way at this point. The relative faction strength bar was pretty much all red. 30 turns on, and there has been no end to the Orcs. They're still stronger than Tilea, Clan Angrund, Karak Zorn, The Empire, and now Barak Varr, combined. All I've been able to do is capture Akendorf, liberate Barak Varr, and occasionally sack a nearby Orc settlement. The green tide just keeps coming!

Fun though :D
What difficulty are you playing at?

Back
Top Bottom